No weapon sign

I mean, I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure that unless it’s owned by the government, it’s private property. What else is there?

Pretty sure strip malls are basically all, every one of them, private property. So if the stores post signage, it would be illegal to carry in them in IL

3 Likes

As far as Jewel goes, no one has ever said anything or given me strange looks yet. I must not be printing or showing anything reaching for products on the shelves.

4 Likes

According to IL law if the “official sign” is displayed at the entrance you are in breach of the law!

4 Likes

Welcome to DuPage County, the land of firearms freedom… (kind of :joy:)

Malls are private properties, however, you have to be careful walking between the stores. Each store may have its own policy about “no guns”, definitely be careful walking into restaurants and bars serving alcohol. Also, there are Federal buildings in some malls :grimacing:

5 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, your Armed Forces Recruiting Offices! :thinking:

3 Likes

Is that Jewel, in Joliet, by any chance?

hahahahahaha …

2 Likes

No, more I didn’t want an issue that I might end up in more trouble than it was worth the area wasn’t bad and the movie I was seeing wasn’t really crowded.

I have never seen these signs before. Maybe I need to have better situational awareness. :wink:

3 Likes

LOL, that is a good one! (had to type more that 3 characters).

4 Likes

No but I think all Jewels have the same sign. Someone tried telling me that it was for employees only LOL

3 Likes

I saw one on a Jewel once, but they hide it where it is hard to see.

2 Likes

I’ve instructed my family that should something happen to me while in a gun free zone. They need to file a wrongful death suit against the establishment for not providing proper security while preventing me from defending myself. Not that I necessarily am not armed in some of those locations. But that’s for another time.

9 Likes

I find the places that post the no-gun signs are often the ones where I’d need to carry the most.

8 Likes

Are places I avoid like the plague!

6 Likes

Just stole those and uploaded them to vista print to have 100 cards printed out.

Most businesses around me are gun friendly, but now I will have some cards to drop off! :wink:

3 Likes

Good deal!!! I can’t remember where I got the original but that is what I did some years ago!

5 Likes