No Permit or Training Rrequired

I never stated you should not be safe nor cautious. What I did state is that your fears are unfounded. Education alleviates fears. Your belief that “all these untrained people” will begin to carry and negligently discharge firearms into crowds of people, or whatever your fear is, is not confirmed by real-world data that proves the opposite.

Negligent discharges causing deaths have decreased dramatically since the CDC has been tracking them. Not only is that the percentage, but the total number. This includes the immense population growth over the past 50+ years and the growth in the number of people that own firearms.

Your “fear” is a very old and worn trope promoted by the anti-RKBA groups, trotted out every time firearm laws become more liberalized. I provided one real-world example in Virginia. You can also review the stats from other states that have liberalized their firearm laws, and from the state that has always had liberal firearm laws, Vermont - the safest state in the nation, with less than one murder per 100,000 people.

4 Likes