Next Planned Purchase at Gun Shop?

I believe my next purchase will be the Sig 365XL.

5 Likes

Already sent my next order to my gun shop.

200rds 325gr JHP 50 Beowulf.

Bunch of Hex Mags

Sterns AR15 to 9mm glock mag adapter

2 more AR15 lowers.

When I find one I like in stock, a 9mm glock AR upper with 16" barrel.

More 22 magnum ammo

And hinting at a further down the road 300 blackout upper.

My 10.5 AR upper came in so I’ll grab that next trip in.

When I think I’m done with AR platforms for the time being, I’ll have a decent selection and quantity. A complete AR for every occasion.

3 Likes

I have an AR-15 and a Mini-14 both a lot of fun in their own right.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to get an AR-15. Mini-14a are expensive right now. I am still debating between an AR15 or a PC9. They’re totally different, but I like both.

3 Likes

I’m starting to lean very hard in that direction myself.

2 Likes

I lucked out on my mini-14. I bought it at an auction a few years back for $500. It is pretty rare, Ranch Rifle with factory folding stock. They only made them for 1-2 years.

Not mine, but just like it.

6 Likes

Very, very nice shotgun. I could see myself owning one of those 12ga semi-auto shotguns… Damn I hate it when I drool.

1 Like

I had one just like that back in the day. I traded it for an M1A. One trade I don’t regret, mags back then were stupid expensive.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

@Scoutbob

I’m planning on an AR9 with a standard AR lower and getting likely a sterns AR15 to glock 9mm magwell adapter (cost as much as the lower).

It brings the cost of an AR 9mm platform from 450 to about 600 but from there, a 200-300 upper and you turn 1 platform into 2. And each upper bought drops platform costs down. Added benefit, you can have uppers in many states just mailed to you.

Besides the glock mags for the 9mm, such a setup would be more universal and it would be as simple as swapping uppers to have 9mm, 556, 300 blackout, and more so cheaper in the long run and you keep the exact same controls so it’s easier to train on regardless of the upper you use…m

2 Likes

@Mike_T Have you ever considered a DTA?

https://deserttech.com/srs.php

I did some development work for them back in the day. Those sticks kick A$$ and are multi caliber too w/o the Barrett price tag.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

They aren’t horrible now, but expensive enough that I don’t have a hoarded stash of them. Lol

1 Like

My AR-10B is like that. If you can find them buy them. I just, as in today, got 5 20 rounder’s from Armalite. They finally had them in stock. I paid through the nose for a 5 rounder for deer season. I’m half thinking I should build another AR-10 just so I can get cheaper mags.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Craig6 - Thank you, I looked at reviews on line and they are solid. The selling point for me is they are shorter than Barrett. That was a concern going out to TR and moving and pointing that much rifle. I also like the conversion in such a short time. If we ever get the chance I would like to meet. I am in Palm Bay Fl.

1 Like

It would be my honor but alas I don’t get to FL very often. That being said I was in Ocala, FL by way of Savannah, GA exactly one year ago this weekend picking up car parts for my Ranchero. Before that it was the 2009 Shot Show in Orlando when I was working for US Optics, before that I was 12.

The DTA SRS is a sweet set up and while the bolt looks like it is too far back to be comfortable it is not. The straight line stock gives you an AMAZING cheek weld and they are STUPID accurate. The one I ran was a 338LM / 300WM / 308 and every tube was sub 1/2 MOA @ 1K with Black Hills factory ammo. You read that right. I got a <5" group at 1K with a 308, granted the atmospherics were perfect with next to no wind that morning.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

@Craig6 - sorry to hear that you don’t get south very much. You must have a lot of time and rounds behind the rifle. I will seriously price out the SRS, like I said it appears to be a much better rifle if you are on the move…

1 Like

45IPAC - I think you will like it - I bought the Ruger 10/22 takedown version and really love it. Then I went in and tested their PC Carbine. Also a breakdown version. I fell in love with that one after shooting it and had to buy it. Love them both. The Carbine is 9mm. They break down into a great size for packing away in a smaller carry case.

3 Likes

When I get the money saved I want the Sig Sauer Rattler in .300 Blackout. As my car gun, safe is already in. That way if the fit hits the shan I have something with a tad more oomph than my CC.

2 Likes

I ended up not getting the Mans Best Friend. My dealer doesn’t get guns from Davidson’s, and I didn’t want the hassle of buying, shipping, and transferring. I mainly wanted the sight set up. So, I ordered a 10/22 carbine stainless, and plan on a Williams Ace in the Hole sight set. It’s for my son to use for 4H, and I’m teaching the kids to use iron sights.

2 Likes

I’m saving for a Sig Sauer M400 V-TAC Coyote 5.56mm Special Edition with ROMEO5 Red Dot

…I feel like I should add…“with a compass in the stock” lol :rofl:

5 Likes

Either the H&K VP9SK LE or the BM9 pistol… I’m still waiting for my DB15 BlackGold to get in. This Covert Operation Via Infectious Disease is putting everybody behind. :v:t5:

2 Likes