Check this out
Www.Ruger.com
The M&P 2.0 with the flat trigger is a very good pistol
I have a 320 with about 3000 rounds through it. It’s my EDC, and I haven’t had a malfunction of any kind. From what I understand, the issue has been resolved in all models of the 320 line. There is a specific trigger related to the problems, and if you have a 320 with a different trigger, you’re good. It resembles the trigger in the p226 da/sa. My 320 performed exactly how I need it to from the first round. Just as well after all the changes. My .02.
I have a question. Don’t take this the wrong way, because I don’t mean anything by it… what are people doing to find out their gun fires when dropped? Would the solution to the whole drop safety thing be to not drop your gun?
M&P was too light. I think I’m an old fashioned shooter and I prefer good weight and balanced handguns.
If you own Staccato, you know what I’m talking about.
I tried to make it heavier using different recoil spring assemblies but it never came close to my satisfaction.
Besides the lightweight I cannot say single negative word about M&P (Oh… yes, the hinged trigger was awful…
).
M&P 2.0 with thumb safety will be the closest match to M17.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
“Staccato talk”
![]()
The Unicorn of Firearms😉
Not anymore. It is just another well made and reliable handgun.
Right up there with SCCY and Hi-Point ![]()
![]()
Back on topic now.
Try the HK P30 V3 ![]()
![]()
Good pistol.. but doesn’t match @Crockett’s needs. He wanted striker fired.
I’ve carried a Walther CCP for seven years. It’s accurate, extremely reliable, ergonomicly fantastic & the safety is a non-issue because I don’t use it while I am carrying. I have tritium sights & talon tape on it. I also have a Glock26, Ruger LC9s, Taurus G3c & S&W bodyguard w/built in green laser. Of all these carry pistols the Walther is superior in every way except magizine capacity. I HIGHLY recommend the CCP
The only flat triggers I’m seeing on their website have the dingus, which I want to avoid. Is there a one piece aftermarket flat trigger you are referring to?
That’s a required trigger safety for M&P. You won’t find any other trigger.
There is a reason all of the drop safe striker pistols have the dongle or a two piece hinge. It’s required for drop safety, as Sig clearly demonstrated with the 320
It’s not a big deal, I never even notice them, either train and get used to them or give up on striker pistols.
JMO
Was that the XDE? I also remember those for a while.

