My 50 Cal Exploded

7 Likes

God is good!!! I thank God for His blessing over you

5 Likes

I watched the video and I can’t believe he survived! If his Dad wouldn’t have been there he would never have made it to the hospital. I think God might have been watching over him and his family.

6 Likes

So very true, this is why it is always good to have someone around when you are practicing with live rounds.

3 Likes

Yes, and it would be good to have a triage kit too!

4 Likes

First aid kits are always a great thing to have.

3 Likes

Is that you?

Either way, I’m glad things weren’t worse and wish a speedy recovery!

2 Likes

So what he thought was an old surplus round, was in fact uploaded to P++++ by someone?
He also said, he had been using this rifle for a long time, could it be that the stress built up, and threads just sheared off.

2 Likes

“These rounds aren’t manufactured anymore.”

:+1:t3:

Good thing he had those safety glasses on!

3 Likes

Based on the fireball shown from one of the earlier rounds, metal fatigue probably did build up until the threads could not hold the pressure any more. God obviously has a purpose for keeping him here on earth for a while longer :+1:

3 Likes

I won’t speculate on the thread fatigue possibility but like @Gary_H I believe the rounds were inconsistently charged.

Word to the wise know your ammo source!!

6 Likes

This :point_up:t4:
I was just talking to my brother about this yesterday.

3 Likes

I have a buddy who will not use the ammo his brother loads. Pretty scary!

2 Likes

Glad to see Scott was ok. That was a very violent failure. I’m actually thinking of showing it to my 4H group, to point at that his safety glasses took that kind of a hit.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ll shoot any other person’s reloaded rounds after seeing this. If I do I want to wear a vest and protection for my face and neck too.

5 Likes

DAMN!:boom:he should have immediately played the powerball after leaving the hospital.

1 Like

May the LORD continue to bless and keep you. What an amazing story to tell your grandchildren, best wishes on your recovery.

2 Likes

Welcome back brother

God is always good, I can’t imagine anyone neglecting Him! Glad he is alright!

Thank you, I still get on here about twice a week, I just haven’t posted for awhile

1 Like