Must-See Gun Movies

@AlexV

Spoilers Alert: Do not read below this line if you want to see the movie.

I thought that movie was pretty good. Though it did show the guy who handled his “rifle” as evidence to be an idiot of the first order.

I mean if you are going to frame someone. At least make sure that his rifle functions, fire a couple rounds into ballistic gel. So you have some cases to sprinkle at the crime scene. Then some bullet fragments to discover post mortem.

1 Like

WANTED…like the part when he shoots the wings off of a fly…or when he flips the car to shoot into the sunroof of the otherwise bullet proof car…curve the bullet!

2 Likes

This movie is based on the book POINT OF IMPACT by Steven Hunter. As usual, I like the book better. There are a number of books featuring Bob Lee Swagger. They’re all pretty good, but this one is the best.

4 Likes
  1. Tombstone
  2. All John Wick’s
  3. Boondocks Saints
  4. Hunter Killer
  5. Mars Attacks …we come in peace :rofl:

I can go on and on…I love movies.

A great gun scene is Indiana Jones against the sword wielding foe…sword swinging and flipping impressively before him, Indiana draws his trusty pistol, smirks, shoots, and goes on his way. :laughing:

4 Likes

That scene from Indiana Jones was improv. Ford was sick, and they just wanted to film the swordsmans part. Ford, shot him just to get the reaction, and the director loved it.

3 Likes

Wow, I had no idea. That’s amazing! It’s such a good scene.

2 Likes

Yup.

2 Likes

That’s great. I never knew that. I’m glad you shared. Thx!

1 Like

@ScottH

That was not in the actual script. Harrison Ford had been sick, and was needing a break and improvised that scene. Spielberg liked it so much he kept it in the movie.

Maybe I should read a whole thread before I comment. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The Magnificent Seven starring Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter, James Coburn

Also Ronin with [Robert De Niro and Jean Reno also has a great car chase

5 Likes

Excellent movies!:+1:

Welcome to the community Ray!

1 Like

@ScottH

My wife and I do bad b movie night about once a month.
Ackack ACK Ack (don’t run we are your friends).

Mars Attacks, Beetlejuice, Hudson Hawk, Dusk til Dawn, Ice Pirates of Penzance, all get a pretty regular run through along with the various Godzilla vs monster of the week.

We actually met in college (post military) for me. At the Friday night movies they had. Allegro non Tropo, Godzilla vs Bambi, and Heavy Metal.

It’s funny I wasn’t even looking for a girlfriend let alone a wife.

3 Likes

Now that you mention it…

From dusk till Dawn may have the greatest movie gun of all time :grimacing::flushed:

3 Likes

I cant remember what movie it was but that same gun was used in another one (loved it both times).

2 Likes

When a fine woman is involved and has learned how they can hide their arsenals’ and be
successful at it, man is in danger. Women are smarter that man and there is not any
way to stop them or live without them in our lives. MEN, be a MAN, Give Up and Surrender.

Be careful where you search at and touch.

1 Like

Surprised no one mentioned the old Trinity movies. My favorite is the bar scene when he slaps the man in the face then draws, repeatedly. :joy:

2 Likes

@ScottH

Yeah that was a cool gun but I don’t think I could have fired it. :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage:

I thought from Dusk til Dawn was one of the absolutely best movies up until the grade b splatter fest broke out Midway, and yes Ms. Hayek could let me drink a bottle of whatever she probably felt like pouring that day :eyes::innocent::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes
3 Likes

OMGosh you guys are singing my song… Dusk til Dawn… Selma and the snake OH yeah!
Mars Attacks, Godzilla vs Bambi, Allegro no Tropo, the Trinity movies… SO much good here. Mystery Science Theater 3000… there’s some fine firearms on some of theirs as well.

:slight_smile: :laughing: I love it.

1 Like

There’s a long list of comic-book style scenes that are very entertaining but mostly for seeing random firearms racing across the screen. I’ll list some of them at the bottom.

However, for something off the beaten track with more serious undertones, I might suggest “The Veteran,” 2011, starring Toby Kebbell: IMDB “The Veteran” 2011

Honorable mention to “Wind River,” 2017 starring Elizabeth Olsen, Jeremy Renner, and the Marlin 45-70: IMDB “Wind River” 2017

Other interesting adult stories but violent: “Street Kings,” 2008, andof course, “Training Day,” 2001.

Comic book fun scenes throughout, but entertaining:

Predator
Boondock Saints
Matrix
Equilibrium
Doom (2005)
Smokin’ Aces

3 Likes