Music that moves you (Slow Dance)...any theme but has to mean something to you...a memory...a feeling...lyrics with meaning

I really liked Sergio, sad to see him pass. Condolences to his loved ones. He was a real one.

That’s the bad thing of aging you start seeing the ones you care about passing

2 Likes

That was my first reaction :pleading_face: and I learned about Sergio’s passing through a post by his friend Herb Alpert who’s six years older than him. By the way, Mrs. Herb Alpert (Lani Hall) sang on the Fool on the Hill album.

2 Likes

Love Herb Albert

One of my absolute favorites

3 Likes

@BeanCounter Thanks for letting me know. I had not heard. Yes, a loss to the music world.

1 Like
3 Likes

Not my idea of (slow dance) from ELO :wink:
I prefer Midnight Blue.

1 Like

One of my favorite ELO songs. I took this song to heart as a young man :heart_eyes:

Check out Turn To Stone by Electric Light Orchestra on Amazon Music.

I can remember couples skating to ELO as a teen. Sweaty palms, wildly uncomfortable… for reasons :joy:. Gail had silky, long, black, hair, and the darkest eyes you could drown in. Good times.

Check out All Over The World by Electric Light Orchestra

For Sergio

Check out With A Little Help From My Friends by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

My real Mother used to sing this and dance around the house with me to this song.

Check out Going Out Of My Head by Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

3 Likes

A few, of the many, songs/artists/performances that cause me to stop when they’re played

2 Likes

@ZoldFrog Very interesting and eclectic collection of songs! Cool!

2 Likes

Thanks, my tastes are quite all over the place. Music is a very large part of my life and it’s very rare that I do not have something playing.

1 Like

@ZoldFrog
I like all kinds of music as well…for example, I have many playlists for different purposes. On my walking playlist(s) (chosen sometimes for the pace but also the inspiration) includes some of the following:
Queen, Neil Diamond, Marvin Gaye, Usher, Drake, Fogelberg (of course), Billy Joel, Toto, Ne-Yo, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones, Earth, Wind and Fire, Bee Gees, Rod Stewart, David Guetta, Aerosmith, Four Seasons, Frank Sinatra, Rare Earth, Sly and the Family Stone… :rofl: :crazy_face: and more…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

@Karacal Yay! Love me some Stevie!

1 Like

Here’s another cover, this one by one of my favorite bands along with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. I wasn’t able to find a quality live video, unfortunately. Hope you enjoy

2 Likes

Excellent! That’s my song of the day. Never heard of that band but they sound great. One of those bands that would be good to see live.

One more for now, an atypical collaboration between two from very different generations and backgrounds.
Caution: May cause uncontrollable head bobbing, foot tapping and tightening of the facial muscles, specifically the mouth and cheek area. If condition persists, watch any news program for at least five minutes.

1 Like

@ZoldFrog
Right on both counts…foot tapping and a little room-dance followed by total avoidance of news. Its gonna be a good day!

1 Like

Short but good.

2 Likes