Mounted light for my S&W

I’m looking for a light and I can’t seem to find one so I’m reaching out and asking for help finding one. I have a S&W MP M2.0 Compact 9mm with a 3.6" barrel. I can’t find a light small enough to fit that barrel length without it sticking out a lot. The ones I am finding that say they fit don’t specifically say the shorter barrel instead of the 4" barrel. Anyone… Help? Also I need a holster but don’t really know where to look for a custom holster that’s worth it. Pointers would be great.

2 Likes

Olight PL2 mini valkyrie

2 Likes

Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie 600 Lumens CW LED Tactical Flashlight Magnetic Rechargeable with Adjustable Rail,Powered by a Built-in Polymer Battery, with SKYBEN Battery Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQC831T/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_NWEnFb0W467FW

2 Likes

That’s amazing thank you. Know any good holster companies that do custom work to fit this.

2 Likes

Try werkz.com they have made all my holsters that I have olights on.

2 Likes

It’s going to be hard to get smaller than these two

I have the TLR8, it’s been great. And I have the Baldr Mini (which is brand new) on order. The Baldr Mini is on sale until the 14th for $91 https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-mini.html

4 Likes

I have s&w shield ez. I got my holster from. Alien Gear. Fits gun perfect so far.only good stuff to say … so far

1 Like

First of all let me say I am an M&P man myself and second I have the inforce light on mine and I have the 4” model M&P 2.0 compact. This is how it looks.

It would not stick out much at all in the 3.6” model.

2 Likes

This is where I go if Crimson Trace does not have what I need.

Viridian C5L combo green laser and tac lite.

2 Likes

I like it, pretty simple setup from the trigger guard to the rail. Veridien is a good company.

2 Likes

I second the recommendation for the Streamlight TLR-8. It is a fantastic light and laser combo.

I ordered an excellent custom Kydex holster from Black Point Tactical. I needed one for my Sig M17 with the TLR-8 mounted. This company makes OEM holsters for Sig as well. It took 8 weeks, but the holster is just perfect.

3 Likes

I would see what I can get a holster for first. I have a X300 ultra on my M&P currently, and it was a huge pain to find a holster for the combination that wasn’t an arm and a leg. Fortunately I found a custom shop about an hour down the road that hooked me up.

1 Like

You’ve gotten good leads on quality holsters so far, but don’t forget Crossbreed. I carry my Shield in a Crossbreed Drop Slide most of the time. For light duty, Alien Gear is fine. But I’ve shot videos of AG holsters failing (clips break, holster w/rubber gun ripped off by assailant, pistol retention failures…ie gun falls out) during grappling. So I don’t recommend them But they both do a lot of light/laser molds.

2 Likes

I currently have a Crossbreed holster but that one isn’t made for my S&W to have a light on it. I love Crossbreed but I think I found a holster and light combo. I think I found the holster I want.

It’s an iwb/owb combo holster. I love the leather backing on it. Plus it is compatible with O-Lights mini Valkyrie.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. Now just gotta save up for the holster and light.

2 Likes

I’ve installed this on one of mine

2 Likes

You may find that the Streamlight TLR7 A works pretty well, assuming you can find one given its current popularity.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

1 Like