Mossberg Shockwave for mounting in RV

Does anyone have a Shockwave, and would they feel it’s appropriate and good for close quarters use, and mounted in an RV? Or are they just a terrible gun?

The way my RV is set up, it would be inaccessible to driver, but near bed when camped. Mossberg makes a wall mount that secures the barrel, and also locks up the breech in an open position (but you can keep rounds in the mag). I think this would satisfy lock up laws in all states, as it’s not in the driver area. Plus shotguns aren’t as legally tricky as traveling with a pistol in many states.

A regular stock 500/590 18" is just too long to mount anywhere well (to the few solid metal frame points available), or swing around if needed, in my RV.

Thoughts?

I’ve fired several pistol grip shotguns over the years (usually to breach doors and things) and they are a hand full with 2 3/4 anything substantial. That said I have been reading about Mini Shells and an adapter for 500/590 series shotties. It looks like a good combo with less recoil than a full house load which will definitely help with a Shockwave.

As to mounting, don’t call me crazy till you try it, the magnets inside a computer hard drive are stoopid strong so anyplace that you have a steel bar/plate can be used to mount the shottie. I figure two against the receiver would hold it but you might like a third on the barrel but you will have to build it up a bit to lay naturally as the tube is tapered. Food for thought.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on mini shells. I’d want to cycle a hundred or so to make sure they feed (I’ve heard they can bind).

I do feel the need to lock it up rather than just mount it however. RVs get left for hours at a time unattended, and I wouldn’t want someone to be able to just walk off with it, without real tools anyway…

@Glock27ccw I didn’t mean for storage but while in the left hand seat or when attended it is a nice option. You can stow it under lock and key when going out and about or take it with you. When I say stoopid strong:

This is a full size 1911 with 9 rounds of 230rg FMJ being held by the last inch of the slide on a hard drive magnet

Cheers,

Craig6

Wow, that is a strong magnet. Next dead hard drive is gonna “get it”!

You get two with every hard drive but they are a BEAR to get out. Often times they come with “ears” that will let you bolt them down. I’m fairly confident 2 of them on a 2"x6" piece of flat bar would hold the Shockwave or say a 1911 securely. I would mount it facing the rear just in case of a head on or rear end type accident. Also handy to cover the magnet as above as it WILL scratch the finish on anything.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

If you go with Mini Shells get a adapter. https://www.opsolmini-clip.com/product/opsol-mini-clip-2-0-flex/

1 Like