More Knives to Consider

If you’re shopping knives, pull up the BUDK website, and look at all the Gil Hibben models offered. Of note is the Legacy Skinner with its finger ring guard, the Sidewinder, the Chugach crooked skinner, the Sub-hilt Toothpick, and the Legacy Ulu, a different take on this Eskimo design. All feature Pakkawood grips, and really stout black leather sheaths, especially the pouch-type that goes with the skinner. Look sharp - feel sharp - BE sharp! FYI

2 Likes

Those prices are quite low. I suspect Chinese origin, but I could not find any information on their site. If not stated made in the USA, I will not buy.

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Yes, most of their stuff in “cheap s**t made in china” as you stated, be selective. I have made some very good deals over the years. :us:

3 Likes

Made in Maine…by Adam
https://www.northpointaxe.com/
My latest…had me drooling the other day,saw this post, wanted to show you guys…and well, my willpower is strong, but I’m a sucker for Damascus, brass, and wood.

https://www.northpointaxe.com/product-page/big-daddy-dagger

1 Like

That does look quite nice…

1 Like

If it wasn’t for Adam, I wouldn’t be a knife collector :wink:…well, maybe those NRA chinabeauts.

1 Like

The tactical knife is a battle field pick up and the knife blade folds into a leather sheath and the blade is 12 inches long and when folded has 6 inches of blade showing when folded,it is made in Germany with the blade of Sologen steel,des the job quite well!

Gillette blue blades bringing you the Friday Night Fights…

@Todd30 I had a MK II that I carried for some years down range then shifted to a Gerber MK1 and finally to a LMF as a sheath knife. I can honestly say that I used all to good effect. The MKI and MKII were much easier to clean than the LMF due to the handle materiel but the grip on the LMF worked much better wet even with the 550 cord treatment. For all I had to go with a custom sheath as upside down there was too much blade exposed, same same with a K-Bar.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Coolest blades from around the world, BLADE SHOW early June, Atlanta, Georgia. My favorites in my budget are Benchmade, SpartanBlades, Gerber ( still carry my MK I ), Busse, ZT for everyday practical uses. Then there are the fantasy blades like Kit Rae, great for display. In addition to the worlds best, are names I can’t afford, Bob Loveless, J.W. Randall, Gil Hibbens etc.
If you’re into real steel, this is a premier show. From Damascus steel to inlaid bone and sculpted handles, this is a show you don’t want to miss.

One of my favorite Kit Rae’s. Home office filled ceiling to floor with shadow boxed knives and swords.

Shadow boxing and custom framing done by me, all to museum quality standards. Recently retired from the business after 32 years.

FYI if you’re thinking of framing your most prized blade as seen above, expect to pay upwards of $2,000.

1 Like

A little knife fun!

1 Like