Mental training/Hypothetical question

Hypothetical question,
You’re in a situation, walking to your car or something, or perhaps you have your kid with you, someone’s approaching you in a threatening manner. Sensing the threat level start to rise, you start to yell out commands, “STAY BACK!” “DON’T COME ANY CLOSER!” “LEAVE ME ALONE!” But the person keeps coming. Just when you’re reaching for your firearm, the good Lord blesses the stranger with the gift of better judgement. He sees you have a gun and decides he doesn’t want any part of that and runs off. The stranger’s gone, the threat is gone, and thank God you didn’t have to draw your firearm. But what should you do next?

3 Likes

My thought would be, immediate call to 911 as I am getting in my vehicle. Inform them of what happend and that you are vacating the area in case they return. Give best possible description of the person. But highest priority is to get out of the area/situation.

17 Likes

^^^ What @BigdodgedemoN said! Get out of the area and let the police know ASAP.

There are the times when the person who was being aggressive will call the police and say that you threatened them with a firearm. You want to be the first to call the police.

15 Likes

@BigdodgedemoN :ok_hand:
Nothing more, nothing less.

5 Likes

When in doubt, pull out that USCCA card in your wallet and follow the instructions on the back.

5 Likes

First, stay calm but alert. Call police to report what happened, before other person reports that “crazy man” pulled gun on him. Usually, first report believed. Get it on record.

4 Likes

If you use your pull/use your firearm, be the first person to call 911. The first report of what is on the scene will set the stage for responding officers. If someone calls saying “there’s a lunatic pointing a gun at people and yelling threats!” Things probably won’t go as well for you. If you call first and calmly as possible, given the circumstances, explain what happened and that you had to draw your firearm due to imminent threat, you may not get arrested/shot.

3 Likes

I would call 911 and explain what happened, tell them you felt threatened and yelled out commands and when he kept coming and went for your gun and he left the scene with no incident, give a detailed description of the man/woman to the police, and thank God that nothing happened.

3 Likes

Take a pic./video if you can?

3 Likes

In some cases that may force the perp to come and take your phone(?). Just a thought.

2 Likes

As other people have said, call 911 and vacate the scene. Give a description of
attacker and get it all on record before the attacker calls police.

2 Likes