Mask rules?

100% agree. I have been working from home since mid-March of 2020. I have only been in close proximity to my wife, daughter, and several or more others that have also not had any contact with anyone else and a couple (literally) that have had a “vaccine”.

3 Likes

It’s not actually a HIPPA violation for your employer to ask from what I understand. HIPPA refers to entities that store your medical records and what they can do with such records. Your employer, unless a hospital or the like, does not store your medical information and can therefore not share such information and it is therfore not a HIPPA violation for them to ask if you are vaccinated. Even if you work for a hospital or doctor’s office that do store your medical records, I don’t believe it would be a HIPPA violation for them to ask you about your vaccination status. It would be a violation of HIPPA for them to share it with someone other than you, even a spouse, without your consent. That aside, there are other privacy concerns and dilemmas with such inquiries.

4 Likes

Thank you for clarification on this Bjorn.
I can imagine the crapstorm that would ensue if an employer started asking employees about their HIV status or if they had an abortion. Is there any legal protection against a nosy workplace?

3 Likes

Most larger companies have policies regarding appropriate behavior in the workplace. Such policies may or may not address what is appropriate for the employer to ask their employees but you always have the option to not answer a question. I think there are many unknowns here but certainly believe that if vaccination becomes a condition of employment we will see some legal battles.

3 Likes

Notably, if your company makes it a condition of employment, essentially get-vaccinated-or-get-fired, do they then assume liability for any adverse effects of the vaccine?

People certainly have notions about the vaccine. I was talking to a friend who said “I firmly believe everyone should have to get the vaccine.” Yet we know that with any drug/vaccine/treatment, some percentage of the population will suffer side effects, sometimes fatal ones. So saying everyone must be vaccinated is, in effect, saying some people must die.

3 Likes

What about intersectionality - working while unvaccinated minority? No?
What about “my body – my right”? No?
Well, what about Nuremberg Trial saying medical experiments against the will of the subject is not OK? Still no…

A horrible thing had been done to our society: new division created on the vaccine boundary, with those who got it viewing those who refuse it with disdain, and those who refuse it viewing those who got it with distrust. This negativity can be channelled, and mark my word, someone will take advantage of it.

5 Likes

What makes you think they aren’t already?

4 Likes

As an RSO at the local gun range, I relaxed the mask requirement of our members and visitors. Masks are useless outside or inside and hinder good clear operation of any firearm.

5 Likes

That’s how people get shot. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I just found out that my children’s school is still going to require face masks at all times in the next academic school year. Honestly, this has me really down. Despite conflicting guidance from CDC, IDC, OSHA, and others, I don’t think masks are ever going to go away.

I’m genuinely concerned about my children’s development. They are young, and their speech is not where it should be because they can’t see their teachers’ mouths. They are socially awkward because they haven’t been allowed to play with other children. My son quit music because he gets bored playing alone all the time.

It seems drastic, but I’m really thinking about moving to another state, somewhere farther west where people don’t have to wear COVID burkas and the 2A is protected.

6 Likes

To your point…hope these institutions are prepared to take responsibility for potential, serious, side effects. I get that schools have been requiring various vaccinations for a long time but these new RNA vaccines aren’t even fully approved, they’re emergency approved.

3 Likes

Please tell us that people are taking advantage of that, and taking their masks off to shoot.

2 Likes

I sincerely feel for you and your kids, @Ouade5. My wife studied child development as part of her master’s. We’ve talked about this issue a lot. Whatever happens, I hope things work out well soon.

5 Likes

They are prepared to shirk their responsibility. At best it will be “CDC made us do it”, at worst – blame the victim, silence the victim. Students and parents cannot rely on the academic leftism to protect them, only they can protect themselves.

3 Likes

I, also, live in Illinois and am greatly annoyed by the twisted logic being used with the mask situation. About the only place I now have to wear a mask is in a restaurant (where the health standards are very strict) or the doctor’s office. I’ve had my shots so this is beyond ridiculous, but I will comply if called on it.
As far as I know, the mandate to not carry if you have a mask on has never been modified. I never actually checked on that, though, so I may be wrong.

1 Like

I believe most states’ laws on masks are that one cannot legally wear a mask in public for the purpose of concealing/disguising one’s identity. Other states stipulate that it is a crime to wear a mask while committing a crime. Several or more legislatures passed a law or the state ruled that wearing masks for medically necessary reasons was not a violation of the law on wearing masks in public. There are numerous other iterations, but police apply these laws as they see fit, such as Antifa is free to commit crimes while masked or not, usually without fear of arrest.

2 Likes

In fairness to the police, when addressing a riot where almost everyone is wearing a mask and committing crime, they should (and probably do) focus on the more atrocious incidents. They can’t possibly “get” them all.

1 Like

Proof not in videos and pictures of those events. Neither did they focus on the “more atrocious incidents” as the videos and pictures showing numerous innocent people, including elderly and children, being violently assaulted by those mobs, not including arson, looting, etc., of both private and public property.

3 Likes

I think you’re right for most states. Illinois is not very friendly to gunowners in general and would not have concealed carry if it wasn’t forced on the politicians by the courts. As far as I know , no one has been arrested for wearing a mask while carrying, but that’s what concealed carry is all about… I don’t think the law makes any distinction between medical masks and any other kind of mask for concealed carry. And having said that, I should probably check that again… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the objective here? 1. Herd immunity or 2. herd mentality?

Vaccines are available to anyone. Masks are now completely irrelevant. If someone elects not to be vaccinated, so what? If they get the bug, that’s on them. Vaccinated peeps should not give two flips about vaccinated status of others. Besides, a 99.74% survival rate are good odds. Nothing to worry about.

Kids with masks? Child abuse, plain and simple. Get in the face of any school board or union teacher that forces a child to wear a mask.

6 Likes