Mask rules?

Since now we do not have to wear masks, if fully vaccinated, have they reinstated that you can not wear one when carrying concealed? Last year I walked into my bank, which allows guns, and talked with my banker (he is very pro 2nd amendment). We both shared a laugh over the fact that we never foreseen the day that one could enter a bank with a mask on. By the way I reside in Illinois.

11 Likes

Appreciate the question. As they say, “Check your local listings”. Here’s a “state” guidance link:

http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance/recommendations-fully-vaccinated

4 Likes

If the front door says wear a mask,then they expect it.
Makes no sense to me but whatever.

7 Likes

How do they know if someone has been vaccinated? I don’t get this advice at all from the CDC.

4 Likes

Why, it’s on the honor system, of course. Because we all know how honorable our government is.

6 Likes

Out here even if you have been vaccinated it is up to each business to determine whether they require masks. Some businesses have gotten pushy, “No Mask No Service”. I’ve even seen the signs at the gas pump, “Masks Required”.
What I have been experiencing is that certain businesses do not care after their manager leaves for the day, other places are not even saying anything if you don’t wear one.

3 Likes

I scrolled up to my post and found a cake next to my name. Apparently it is the anniversary of my joining. I love cake and now I don’t have to squish it through my mask…

8 Likes

I think a lot of businesses truly don’t care, they’re just trying to run their business. That mask sign keeps them in good graces with their local health department, and maybe keeps a few busybodies from messing with their customers. Things will get difficult for local managers, as mask mandates disappear. Either they keep their mask mandate in the store and anger half their customers who are sick of masks, or they end their mask mandate in store and scare away the other half who bought into the idea that anyone without one will die a horrible death.

That’s a relevant question. They can’t ask. By law, your medical history is yours to share only when you’re willing. This is why the idea of “vaccine passports” quickly dissipated. So pragmatically speaking, yes, we’re on the honor system. Just wait, though, some unwitting supervisor will demand to see her customers’ vaccine card, and it’ll generate a minor headline.

4 Likes

I think they’re going to try to build momentum for a vaccine passport (or mark of the beast)–call it what you will…

4 Likes

There are certainly many out there calling for it. But it would require the dismantling of our health privacy laws.

4 Likes

People with vaccinations will still wear them, and others without will not. It opens the door to discriminate aganst mask wearers assuming that they aren’t vaccinated. It was a ridiculous announcement just like the “fuel shortage” which caused a fuel shortage.

5 Likes

Agreed, the CDC has been stepping on their own feet. But I’ve been saying since last December that if they want people to line up and receive an experimental vaccine, they have to provide some incentive. What was the point of getting that shot if I still have to wear a mask and remain socially distant?

Back then, they said it’s because we don’t know who’s vaccinated and who isn’t. But 6 months later, we have a significantly larger part of the general population that’s been vaccinated, and those who haven’t gotten it yet are waiting. They have to do something different.

Frankly, I think the CDC should have just stuck to the science and let the policy makers handle the sausage.

2 Likes

I wonder how long it will take, even after the “mandates” are gone, for some enterprising thief to hold up a gas station wearing a paper mask? It seems a lot more effective than wearing a bandana or panty hose over the face, and won’t draw suspicion after a year of mandated mask wearing.

2 Likes

There are so many articles like this, but no surprise to anyone. The mask thing could draw attention to one’s political party.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/health/2021/05/12/state-vaccination-rates-falling-along-political-party-lines

1 Like

“Come neither wearing mask, nor maskless”

Being a fan of The Vikings series, it would pass for a riddle :slight_smile:

1 Like

The EU is looking to resume leisure travel from outside of the EU, but will be requiring a vaccination record. So my trip canceled last year is apparently still in doubt for later this year.

In Virginia, our governor that claimed before to be following CDC guidelines - and was not - claims to be following the latest CDC guidelines - and still is not. But at least he stated that vaccinated people do not need to wear masks, except in certain places, and is not requiring documentation, but employers are “allowed” to ask if you are vaccinated. Ironically, from one of my far-Left DINO state reps in response to the governor’s release stated this “Between the federal and state guidelines, there is room for some confusion.” After which she then posted a CDC guidelines Chart (below).

Recent CDC data claims that 35.8% of the US population has been fully vaccinated. I find that difficult to believe, but their death rate data was also faulty, as in it claimed as of March that there were over 530,000 COVID-19 related deaths, yet the notes to their chart stated that only 6% were singularly COVID-19, and over 240,000 had an Influenza comorbidity, with another 260,000 other comorbidities, leaving about 32,000 being actual COVID-19 related deaths using their data. Now, as of May 12, they report 580,287 deaths, and 32,753,426 total cases, which is a survival rate of over 98.2% based on their claimed COVID-19 related deaths.

1 Like

And if the employee refuses to answer, what’s the assumption? Likely that they are not vaccinated. So begins the discrimination.

How is that even vaguely HIPAA compliant?

3 Likes

Exactly, neither did I state I agree with the policy. Either one lies or not, that is a moral and ethic issue, and not one I would be comfortable with either way. Thankfully, my employer is currently not seeking to ask.

2 Likes

I wonder where that story got their information as the latest CDC data shows 37% fully vaccinated.

1 Like

At the risk of being crass, I’m tired of the mask mandates. I’m not sick…I can’t “give” someone something I don’t have. If someone is concerned about my well being then, unless they are sick - in which case they should be home - bless their heart but really, don’t be because I know the risks and I accept those risks, thank you.

7 Likes