Martial Arts and Weapons

I practice taekwondo and I have a gun. My Master Instructor taught us when being assaulted, run away. I haven’t been into any fight or being assaulted. but I see it as like having a gun is a responsibility that we wouldn’t be brandishing our firearm and let everyone know we are loaded but incase we need it, we got it

2 Likes

Martial Arts Masters are usually the wise men. Sometimes their mental lessons are better than fighting skills they teach.
Deadly force should be always used as the last resort… and with escape plan/options it may be never used…
When I was kid I treated escape as a failure. Now, being responsible adult, I know that escape means avoid.
So using the firearm against other human being is really the last thing I’m gonna do.

3 Likes

I’m not Bruce Lee. I’d be more like Michael Jai White.

I have 30 years various martial arts experience. I did it for survival when I was a kid. Do it as an adult to not get any fatter than what I already am. Does that make me better than you? Nah, not at all. But I’d bet a good amount of money that I’ve been in more street fights than you as well as seen more of them and that gives me a bit more experience on the issue. I’ve been kicked in the balls during a fight. Punched in them. I’ve seen people get kicked in them too. Sometimes it’s enough to make the person pause. Most times, it has no effect. But if you stop wanting to argue for the sake of arguing and LISTEN to what I’m saying, you should be able to agree that a man who cannot stand, cannot fight. Adrenaline or not. If you’re fighting and on an adrenaline high and get kicked in your balls, you won’t feel it right away. If you are kicked in your knee, I don’t care who you are, you aren’t standing any longer.

But you are right, we can agree to disagree and that’s cool by me. Cheers.

2 Likes

Brother, consider this. Martial arts provides a discipline NOT taught in academy, or anywhere else, for that matter. Yes, we might learn the MECHANICS of martial arts in academy, and we train to build strength. Martial arts proper teaches BALANCE, from where we develop discipline, and wisdom; hence, the strength comes from within.

A student once said to his teacher, “Master, you teach us peace, yet, you teach us how to fight. I cannot understand how this could be.”
The teacher replied to his student, “It is better to be a warrior in the garden, than to be a gardener on the battlefield.”

3 Likes

Agree 100 percent sister. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Brother, you have no idea how much I learn from you! Thank you.

2 Likes

Your very welcome sister. And I learn from you also, be blessed.

2 Likes

WELCOME to the family! It is great to see you here.

1 Like

One of the best things to come out of martial arts for me was self discipline, focus, concentration and self control.

5 Likes

Excellently stated, brother. Thank you.

1 Like

@Erik17

1 Like

My sensei used to say “the best way to win a fight is not get it to one to begin with” and “we learn how to fight so we dont have to” thats where guns and MA come together. As said before, both teach calm, control and disipline. Knowing that micro point in time that you realize that something has to be done. In all senarios your melon is the main weapon, it just chooses what tool your going to use. :slight_smile:

2 Likes