Making the wipes from scratch

If you can get your hand on a plastic coffee ground container clean it, then take a roll of paper towels and cut it in half, then take the cardboard roller out, then put the half roll in the coffee container, then put a liquid cleaner like 409 or like cleaner just enough to wet all the towels, while this is happening cut a little hole in the center of the lid. Then pull one up from the center of the lid and there you have wipes

7 Likes

Edit: I’m assuming you were talking about using on skin. If just for disinfecting surfaces (and wearing rubber gloves) sounds like a good idea.

I wouldn’t… many cleaners are poisonous.

Recommended hand sanitizers use a minimum of 60% alcohol. For example, Listerine (mouthwash) is about 22-27% alcohol. Additionally, be aware that once an alcohol container is open, it sucks in water, diluting it over time and with use.

Plain soap helps break up the cell membrane that protects Covid19, many (but not all viruses), and bacteria. Washing hands with soap and water is very helpful in preventing the spread of infection.

2 Likes

Not for skin just for surfaces, good soap and water for skin

2 Likes

PLEASE do not confuse the alcohols!!! The alcohol in Listerine is ETOH or Ethyl (the kind you can drink) and may clean your insides. The stuff in hand sanitizer is Isopropal Alcohol, which is good for cleaning but will kill you if you drink it and not in a nice way.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Definitely a good point. However, I was making the point that the alcohol in Listerine still doesn’t meet the CDC’s recommended minimum of 60% alcohol content for hand sanitizer.

@Scotty I took your post for what t was but I worked in substance abuse for long enough (1 year) to have that jump RIGHT to the front of my thinking. Being a scotch drinker myself I made it a point to open ALL Listerine bottles to check the contents, ALL went down the drain. Not that my wife or FIL (Retired Navy CDR) would have ever sent me a half gallon of scotch in a Listerine bottle while deployed to a Muslim nation :innocent: :sunglasses:

Your point on Alcohol absorbing water as it dissipates is very much on point and often forgotten by most.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Cheers!