Magazine capacity

The CC reciprocity map talks about handgun/pistol magazine capacity, usually less than 10 -15. I am curious if any states besides CA have limits prohibiting 30 round capacity.

At this point Calif’s limit has been struck down by the 9th circuit court… we can only hope that the NRA, GOA will sue other states soon.

4 Likes

Thanks & Thanks for your service.

2 Likes

Crook county Illinois (cook) has 10 round limit. Glad I live in Southern Illinois.

2 Likes

It’d be even better if the State of Chicago would split and leave the rest of Illinois alone.

3 Likes

10 rounds magazine, but no limit on how many 10 rounds magazines. :thinking:

3 Likes

And, coincidentally, full size .45’s come in 10 round variety.

3 Likes

Not sure if that ruling has put an end to CAs “high capacity” mag ban. There may be a hold on that ruling. This will likely end up being decided by the Supreme Court unless they ignore it like most of the other gun laws that have come before them the past several years. In a sane world they would find the ban unconstitutional and then that ruling would apply to all other states.

1 Like

In all the states that I know of that have magazine capacity limits those limits apply to rifle and handgun magazines. Don’t know of any states that only ban 30 rounders but allow lesser amounts. 10-15 is the usual cutoff. NY also having a 7 round limit that was thrown out in part of the state but is potentially still being enforced in other parts of the state. Though all of this information is subject to change, especially in the anti gun states.

1 Like

Yet another reason to carry God’s caliber… :sunglasses:

2 Likes