Mag guts ( Increase your magazine ) ADD MORE CAPACITY…..NOT MORE SIZE!

Has anyone tried this? , what’s your thoughts on this.

4 Likes

Interesting concept. Not saying it doesn’t work, but knowing mags are generally the number one cause of malfunctions I’d be cautious.

6 Likes

I have them in my M&P Shield 9, both mags. Loading is slightly better. I went to the range right after install and after firing 200 rounds, I had no problems.

4 Likes

I might try it on one for just the range, not my edc ones.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, great to know. :grinning:

3 Likes

I use them in my PPS M2 with no trouble. But my XDs started having trouble with “nose dive” rounds not feeding and I went back to the factory parts which solved the problem. So I would buy one kit and convert one mag to test it before you trust it in your carry rotation. FWIW: the springs have held up just fine in the PPS mag I use the kit in.

3 Likes

MagGuts has a pretty good reputation. Other options for extended mags are Taran Tactical (I have +1 and +3 for my Glock 43), Hyve, and Pierce. Note that they aren’t all available for all brands of magazines.

The Taran and Hyve extensions are aluminum and in addition to adding capacity add weight so it helps the mags drop free faster (useful in competition and looking cool).

All of these, if you search around you’ll find examples of them not working for people. So be extra sure to test the magazine thoroughly if it is going to be used in a crucial role like carry or home defense.

5 Likes

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your input and the information. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about them with regards to function and reliability.

Looking to try the +2 kit for my G43. Seems like they work well if you get the installation right.

Edit: After thinking about it, probably won’t be for a while. I don’t want to use up SD ammo right now to run enough through the mag to feel comfortable to use it on my EDC.

3 Likes

If you do please report back, I’d love to hear how it worked for you. I could see these being an awesome addition.

4 Likes

@Jeff4. I sure will let everyone know how it worked out.

3 Likes

I did order the mag guts parts yesterday, so when they come in, I’ll install them and try it at the range. I’ll give an update on how it worked out.

7 Likes

I use them on my 9mm CM9 and K9. However, I had to send the first ones back (bought four in total, one for 6-7 rounds, and three for 7-8. The 6-7 round had no issues. The 7-8 rounders wouldn’t lock the slide back after the first or second full magazine. IIRC, the spring slipped off of the hook on the follower on those during recoil.

I e-mailed the company/owner, and he sent me replacements and just asked that I send him the old ones so he could look them over for problems when I got the new ones. I have not experienced any issues with the replacements. Still no problems with the 6-7 rounder that I have. However, I switched to a PM45 and CW45 while ago, so I haven’t shot the conversions much since the function testing.

There’s a thread at KahrTalk discussing some people that have and haven’t had issues with the conversion on a Kahr. Additionally, some there prefer the MAGGuts follower to the stock Kahr follower. The only other reference I can think of was M.A.C.'s YT channel. IIRC, he tried them on a S&W Shield, and the follower would have issues. I don’t remember if he sent them back for a replacement or not, but he decided not to use them.

In the end, I would just make sure you put a few hundred rounds through it and check for irregularities/functioning before using it for CC.

4 Likes

Yes I would advise you to contact the manufacturer and I’m sure they will replace them no charge. Sometimes quality assurance lets a few get by without testing them.

2 Likes

I have them in all of my LCP mags. I tried 2 at first, my range mags and had no problems with hundreds of rounds, so I did the rest of them. Still haven’t had 1 problem.

3 Likes

Thanks, good to know :+1: so far I just order 1 to try out.

2 Likes

Thanks sharing your thoughts and experience about Mag Guts. :+1:

3 Likes

I received my parts today, I will install them today and try it out at range here real soon.

4 Likes

Nice :+1: brother.

1 Like