Looking for firearm

Hello, I’m looking for a semi-auto firearm that can have a round loaded in the chamber, allows decocking and if the trigger is pulled, it won’t fire unless the hammer is pulled back, then it goes into double action after the first round is fired. Any idea what would allow this? A friend has a .32 that does it and is looking for another firearm that works the same way.

2 Likes

FNX tactical .45

Chamber a round, push the thumb safety down from fire and it decocks.

Push the thumb safety all the way up and disconnect the trigger if you want to make it more safe.

Long heavy dual action trigger pull on the first shot from decocked, then short 4-5lb single action trigger for follow up shots.

4 Likes

I have a Taurus TH45. It has a decocker. After the hammer has been decocked you can either pull the trigger using double action, re-cock the hammer manually which makes it single action at thst point. While shooting the pistol, much like a 1911, after a round is fired & the slide is actuated, it is always single action unless you use the decocker to lower the hammer. The lever by the hammer is the decocker. By pushing it downward, the hammer will fall & the gun is decocked. Pull the lever up (over the red dot) and that is your manual safety if you choose to use it.I hope this was not too confusing. BTW, I really love ths pistol. Ive put hundreds of rounds through it & it eats everything. Easy to disassemble/reassemble. The only thing I don’t like is the mag release. It is difficult

5 Likes

What does he have and what size and caliber is he looking for?

4 Likes

Asking him what he has and the caliber he wants. The biggest thing he wants is to have one where the trigger won’t fire unless you manually pull the hammer back after decocking. He hasn’t found anything that does that so far.

2 Likes

He has a LLAMA MicromaX32 and is looking for a 9mm

2 Likes

HK USP fits the bill.

5 Likes

So basically you are looking for DAO pistol… I’m not sure if

is a good idea… I’m guessing it’s more about the trigger cocking the hammer each time you press it.

I’m not sure if something like this exist for 9mm, but you can look at H&K P30 v.1 which comes with LEM trigger - there is no decocking / safety levers, because the gun operates in double action only, like DAO revolver.
Everytime you pull the trigger, slide reciprocates and once you release the trigger hammer is automatically decocked.

5 Likes

Is there a reason a decocker is must?

3 Likes

I brought up a 1911, but he wants a decocker he said for safety reasons.

2 Likes

The 1911 has a manual safety and grip safety. Adding a decocker in the mix I hope he plans on training with it. I’ve had a HK P30 V3, great pistol, but will take practice

3 Likes

Like @Alexander8 says Heckler and Koch , USP, USP compact or P2 thousand or compact.

2 Likes

USP doesnt fit the bill, most modern hammer fired pistols are DA/SA so i dont think you will meet the requirement of no DA with the hammer down. none that im aware of at any rate

4 Likes

I have a Taurus G3 with 17. I love it. It is a 9mm

3 Likes

I was thinking trigger not hammer. Technically the hammer is cocked on LEM but not pulled back. Oh well.

3 Likes

I take it back, i thought of a single action with a decocker. CZ52 but good luck finding one

ah, i didnt think about the LEM triggers

2 Likes

Uncommon 2 Tone Communist Era Czech Army CZ52 Pistol 7.62x25 Tokarev CZ 52 - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 1049389785

not a bad looking one on gunbroker, but you gonna have to then deal with finding 7.62 tokarev ammo for it

1 Like

IDK if any of these variants work.

1 Like

look at CZ75 SP01

1 Like

So, wont most/all 2011 style pistols do then? Thats good, a lot of alternatives for budget, fit, etc

1 Like