Looking for firearm

HK USP .45 works this way. Chambered, safety (optional), decocked to 1/2, double action pull is stiffer on the first pull, then goes to single action with a light pull for follow up shots. You’ll want to train with the safety on so you automatically always flip the safety to Fire when drawing so you don’t forget when you need it.

1 Like

I’m not aware of any firearms that require the hammer to be pulled back for the first shot and then go into double action mode for all the following shots.

1911s and 2011s could be carried with the hammer down but after the first shot they would work as a single action with a light trigger pull on all the following shots. Maybe this type of action is what you mean? But most people who use pistols like this carry with the hammer cocked and the safety on.

DA/SA would also work close to what you are looking for but you can usually pull the trigger with a long heavy pull even with the trigger down.

I personally wouldn’t want to use a pistol that required me to have to manually cock the hammer before the first shot. Seems this would be difficult to do under the stress of a self defense incident, except maybe for well practiced cowboy action shooters. After cocking the hammer you then have to shift your thumb to get a proper shooting grip. All of that takes extra time and creates more opportunities for error than just being able to draw from the holster with a proper shooting grip.

2 Likes

Look at any of the Hi-Point or Rock Island Armory, or Armscor and even any of the 1911 style pistols by any maker that has them. They can be bought in compact, full size and many different calibers. I know people do not like the makers I mentioned because they are less expensive than others, but have been proven to take abuse and still perform. Also, any in that style will be heavier.

2 Likes

Then why does he want one in the chamber? Buy a gun, rack the slide wouldn’t be any different I think.

1 Like

Holster it, keep the finger off the trigger.
Done! :+1:

5 Likes

After reading this thread one more time… I came to the conclusion that the best will be this (nobody proposed this solution so far…) :point_down:

A 2024-05-07 23-17-40

5 Likes

@Peter205 Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Wants one in a lower caliber like “pebbles (9mm)” not “rocks (45ACP)”. :laughing:

1 Like

Llama Model Micro-Max .32 Auto (genitron.com)

Blowback operation means it does not lock the barrel in place and spring loaded claw extractor means it does not have an internal extractor. Neither of these distinctions affect the user operation of the pistol.

The Llama Micro-Max DOES NOT go into double action after the first round. It is a single action only (SAO) that operates EXACTLY like a 1911. It DOES NOT have a decocker. It is possible to decock a Llama Micro-Max as well as a 1911, but both can fire during the decocking if the hammer slips and strikes the firing pin.

So, succinctly, he is looking for a 9mm 1911. Fortunately there is a plethora of them available.

2 Likes