Looking for a HD Shotgun Sling

Been looking for a while, have not found what I want. My HD shotgun is a Rem 870 with a fixed sling mount on the mag extension, and a stud with a quick release on the stock. Looking for basic leather, something I can use if I need to free up my hands from the gun without setting it down. Drawing a blank, curious if any of you have any suggestions.

2 Likes

I use VTac but its not leather.

2 Likes

I have a similar set up but I also have a “sling band” (dunno what else to call it) that fits between the primary tube and the extension. Just a flat stamped bit of metal that gives me a sling point forward of the hand grip and aft of the the tube. I use a standard Uncle Mikes padded strap / sling with the little slide buckle that allows you to let the sling in or out as needed with just a tug.

Any 1907 leather sling will serve you well I use my worn out NM slings on my hunting rifles and leave them a bit loose so I can make a “hasty sling” should the situation require else they serve me well for walking around and I’ve worn out a sufficient number that my children will never want for a rifle sling. That said you will need 1 1/4" buckles to make them work, which quite handily are considered Heavy Duty.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I ordered a 1907 sling. Looks like it will work perfect. Thanks.

1 Like

@Fred_G

Sniper Yoda Says:

1907 sling:
Neets foot oil you should use,
Rub it in you must,
Stretch it you can,
25 lbs should you use,
In the end the sun is your friend.

The above combination made the sling last and entire high power season. Nothing sucks worse than blowing out your sling when you are cutting 200 15X+ on sitting and 300 ragged fire.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

This person I must find! His name I like!

2 Likes

Well, the 1907 sling did not work. I need one that both ends are ‘open’ so I can put them through the rings on the gun. Found this one today locally: