LaserTRAIN: Safely Practice Shooting at Home | USCCA

The USCCA launched a new curriculum this year that allows users to train from the comfort of their own homes. The safe, effective and innovative LaserTRAIN program benefits shooters of all skill levels.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/lasertrain-safely-practice-shooting-at-home/

Where can u buy one of these laser/strike pistols?

2 Likes

The SIRT Pistols can be purchased from Next Level Training. Their website is netleveltraining.com . Costs seem to be $239-$439 per the website. You may find it at other vendors.
HTH,
Myk

Typo in the URL, actual website is https://nextleveltraining.com/

I use the G-Sight trainer system. The app allows you to perform several types of training styles from just shooting at your target to timed shooting to simulate stress while practicing your draw, target acquisition, and trigger pull. The only downside to this system is you must rack the slide after each pull with a standard striker fired handgun. However it does give you the benefit of practicing with the exact gun you will be using for your EDC. Lastly it is a relatively affordable system. I believe I purchased mine on Amazon for around 35 dollars. I use mine several times a week.

Would you mind explaining more about this?
Dee

Since the expo has been postponed will the program for USCCA Certified Instructors will be released anytime soon?

Let me find out what’s going on with that for you, @Marty-HGFT!

UPDATE: Give Instructor Support a call to order: (877) 577-4800

I don’t see a link for the LaserTrain, instructor program. Is there a link, cost available?

There isn’t an instructor link set up yet, give the instructor support team a shout: (877) 577-4800

I just spoke to Cody. Nothing is available to describe the toolkit, but as Dawn says you can purchase it now from Cody. I would really like to see what it’s about, before spending $397. Thanks Dawn for your rapid response

Is this something you can practice on your own time? or do you need to have an instructor or proctored computer program to guide your training?

SIRT pistols a great to practice by yourself
Just make sure you are practicing correctly
“Practice makes Perfect” if you training perfectly.

Ok, I don’t think I’m understanding this still. Bare with me.

I purchase this through USCCA to get the course and then purchase the SIRT pistol separately?

And the e-learning course only teaches me how to use and train with the SIRT pistol on my own?

Or do I have to buy my own SIRT pistol through the website and buy the CD to train without needing the e-learning course?

And what exactly is taught in the e-learning course? Are they going over basic firearm handling or how to use the features of the SIRT pistols.

One last question in the 3 options for the programs
USCCA is offering 2 had SIRT pistols included however I carry a subcompact that’s offered through the website only should I get the subcompact of the website AND the USCCA course with the full size SIRT firearm???

Confirming details for you before I respond, @Jacquelyn! As soon as I hear back I’ll let you know!

I just purchased the E-Training LaserTrain course. Completed 3 chapters today. It is outstanding. I highly recommend every student to get it. You will be glad you did. Mine is the instructor course, but the basic course will improve your firearm handling and your basic shooting skills, instantly. It is worth the investment.

1 Like

Here you go @Jacquelyn, from the awesome training team at the USCCA:

“I purchase this through USCCA to get the course and then purchase the SIRT pistol separately?”

• The course is purchased through the USCCA. We send the order to Next Level Training, and they ship the SIRT pistol to the customer.

“And the e-learning course only teaches me how to use and train with the SIRT pistol on my own?”

“And what exactly is taught in the e-learning course? Are they going over basic firearm handling or how to use the features of the SIRT pistols.”

• The eLearning course teaches a student how to increase their proficiency with each of the fundamentals of marksmanship through the use of a SIRT pistol. Several of the concepts taught in the eLearning can be done without a SIRT pistol, but for the best results, I highly encourage getting the SIRT.

“Or do I have to buy my own SIRT pistol through the website and buy the CD to train without needing the e-learning course?”

• A customer can buy the SIRT pistol as a stand-alone product directly from Next Level Training. If they are a member of the USCCA, they can even get a partner discount! (Check the USCCA dashboard at www.uscca.com log in in the upper right hand corner.)

“USCCA is offering 2 had SIRT pistols included however I carry a subcompact that’s offered through the website only should I get the subcompact of the website AND the USCCA course with the full size SIRT firearm???”

• The USCCA’s LaserTRAIN product allows customers to choose from either the Glock or Smith & Wesson models of the SIRT pistols.
  • Next Level Training also makes a pocket pistol version, but the USCCA’s LaserTRAIN product options do not include this model.

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Thank you for all this information.

So what I am gathering is that my best option would be to purchase the subcompact option off Next Level Training directly and buy the course USCCA is offering as a stand alone without the SIRT guns as they are larger than my EDC.

What is the CD that Next Level Training is selling about?

The SIRT CD?

Here’s what they say about it:

Mastery of a pistol is mastering the fundamentals. This DVD covers the best practices to learn the best techniques up front, so every repetition is ingraining the best, most efficient and robust motor mechanics possible with a pistol. With the help of this DVD, you can learn how to better integrate your SIRT into your training to work with your live fire pistol.

I don’t have any further details about that at this point. Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you for all this information

1 Like