Laminated Rifle Stocks

What’s been your experiences with these, especially regarding bolt-action centerfires? One maker I’m particularly interested in is Richards “Microfit” - their large selection of color combinations and shapes had me really looking at them.

1 Like

@KURT17 >> try “ BOYDS HARD WOOD STOCKS “ got two of them so far. They where a perfect fit no work required drop in done. PS: excellent customer service. Let me know what you think ? What’s the make & model rifle that you would like to restock ?
:us::us::us:

5 Likes

Just rubbernecking, here for Winchester and Kimber actions. No definite plans, now.

2 Likes

I’ve purchased a Boyds stock, as well. No issues and excellent fit and finish.

2 Likes

My experience is with Boyd’s, on a .22 rifle. It’s a great stock. Definitely added rigidity, ergonomics, and style to the rifle.

2 Likes

Boyd’s are good stocks that require little to no fitting(drop in) for the most part. Richards Microfit can go from drop-in to a whole lot if fitting!!!

BTW in case you’re not aware, laminated stocks are HEAVY!!!

2 Likes

Another Boyds fan here. I just have a couple .22lr’s with laminated stocks, came that way, saw the stock, needed the gun. Put my M1a in a Boyds walnut, thicker than mil, watched my groupings shrink to a third their prior size.
My son just bought a Thompson bolt gun in .300 WinMag…took it out, loved the bolt gun experience, but said the stock was flimsy… I recommended Boyds to him, he has beautiful beautiful rifle now. Got the AT-1 with adjustable comb.

2 Likes