Knife violence

Maybe that is what Biden’s issue is, too. He’s not feeling-up young girls and women, he’s just trying to keep his balance. We saw him fall up stairs - three times, so we know he has issues. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve often said I’m more afraid of knives than guns. The old saying , distance is your friend resonates here. I’ve practiced disarming people with guns. Honestly if they’re that close it’s pretty easy. Now a knife, not so much.

7 Likes

Opportunists will always gravitate towards those areas that are painted as serene with fair weather, blue skies, and an even economy. Painted as a eutopia with no to low crime and a good economy, people will show up! overnight! And then, you have to hire more “Police.” Because not only homeless show up, but other opportunistic miscreants will attempt to take advantage of what may be considered a sleepy town with sleepy LEAs, in which to base their operations, because they see it as an untapped market.

6 Likes

Oh I’m with you there, I don’t like being within 3 feet of anyone, heck I wear clothes that are a size or two too big🤣

4 Likes

Pretty much describes the evolution of Salt Lake City to a tee.

5 Likes

I’ve been practicing knife and pistol disarms with my coach. I’m never certain if I’m quick enough to avoid that first bullet but once my hand is on the pistol it is no longer a threat. Maybe need to get an airsoft pistol I’m willing to cut the trigger guard off of and wear some protective gloves and a face/neck guard so I can put that first shot avoidance to the test.

With the knife takeaways he is often able to still get in a slice or two before I can get full control.

5 Likes

I had a self-defense coach that would do this. It’s a great exercise. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But it’s good to get a feel for the odds, so you can balance them before trying something that’s either very stupid or critical to your survival.

I’m screwing this up, but the old rule #1 of knife fighting is something like, “be aware that you will get cut.”

6 Likes

Normally I use a blue gun but I’ve also been using an unloaded blowback air soft gun. It worked fine. Has your instructor added passive skills to that such as appearing weak and placing your hands in the surrender position. It may let the attackers guard down which can buy you ideal positioning and some time. Just a thought. Good luck training and be safe👍🏻

4 Likes

First thing to remember when attempting to disarm someone with a gun
GET OFF THE LINE, FIRST. or in USCCA Terminology GET OFF THE X.

6 Likes

Yes. It makes you seem compliant, and while you aren’t committing to any action, your hands are now closer to the firearm should you decide to attempt to gain control of it. A key is to watch the attacker’s eyes, not his firearm. If you’re going to take control, you need to do it in a moment when he doesn’t notice. It requires practice and quick reflexes to do this correctly; and even then, there’s no guarantee that you won’t take a round to the chest.

6 Likes

Yes we have practiced that though he had me adapt my previously learned hands at shoulder height surrender to a hands at waist level surrender. This keeps them more out of the line of sight for when you choose to make a move. I also carry a throw down money clip which I can offer to pull out as a compliance distraction to hopefully make an opening to either flee or go for the weapon.

7 Likes

4 died. It was all over the news. It’s a tragedy.

4 Likes

Who, what is the MSM? And I’m fairly certain the knife situations you elude to in your narrative are the very stories I’ve heard all over the media. I’m unaware of any information outlet that has not spoke of these knife crimes. Including another one this morning.

2 Likes

MSM is Main Stream Media. Usually they don’t truthfully report anything unless it was done with an AR. If you heard it on them, that is surprising.

6 Likes