Keychain Flashlights

Keychain flashlights were briefly mentioned in an article in the new CC magazine and I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for a good one.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I have several Eveready Energizer I purchased from Wally-World several years ago. I never had to change batteries yet and still bright. They are the flat oval type and made from rather heavy stainless steel.
I keep others on the outside of my various packs (yes I have more then two) :roll_eyes:
Check on the Eveready web site, :+1:

2 Likes

If you go on amazon, there are a bunch of super cheap options that use watch batteries or similar to be really small. I’ve seen some 5 packs under $10. They do a good enough job, last reasonably long on a battery and are cheap enough you dont mind if it breaks. Not a lot of light though.

If you don’t mind a AAA battery size on your keychain, have a look at these options:

Thrunite Ti3 - take a AAA battery and maxes out at 120 lumens

Olight i1R 2 Eos - Houses a custom rechargeable battery, so you can’t swap batteries, but the plus is it is suuuuuper tiny and puts out max of 150 lumens

Olight i3E Eos - Uses a AAA battery, 90 lumens, slightly smaller than the Thrunite above

https://www.olightstore.com/i3e-eos-black.html

I’m a big fan of the Olights, and if you sign up for the newsletter on their site they have 3-4 HUGE sales per year for massive savings. Amazon also sells them.

3 Likes

Welcome…let your light shine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like this style of keychain light. Not necessarily this one specifically, but this style.

They’re small and light, and you can clip them on if you find yourself outside at night. I wouldn’t mistake them as self defense lights, but if you get one in green or red, you might be able to illuminate a small area where you need to see without drawing too much attention to yourself.

1 Like

I have had good luck with the Olight Elite (i3E EOS) models for key chains. I have gotten 3 of them “free” when I purchased other Olight products. So if you have other weapons or flashlight purchases you may want to wait for a “deal” that includes the key chain light as well.

1 Like

Yeah, olight gets my vote, takes a beating and nothing bothers it. Plus this little guy is super bright considering its size. Gave a stocking stuffers to all family members

1 Like

Prometheus flashlights. One of the few American made flashlight manufacturers.

1 Like