Just bought a new training aid

So my buddy was telling me about getting air soft for dry training. So I figured I’d try his before I jumped into it. He has the Sig Sauer M18 proforce. I saw reviews and they were good. When he brought it over I tried it out and it felt good then it started good but then it started to get jammed and the bb was getting stuck in the chamber. It happened several times. It may of just been just firearm. I’m gonna do more research. So I did research on the Matis x10 and nothing but great reviews so I bit the bullet and just purchased it and having it shipped. Who else has the mantis and what are your thoughts. I still want to get an Airsoft and add the mantis to it for better training. What are your thoughts

3 Likes

I bought a 9mm laser cartridge from Pink Rhino and downloaded a free app called LaserHIT. Has worked perfectly and I have no complaints. I looked at the Mantis system but found something a little more affordable for me.

2 Likes

You’ll be discovering new levels of feedback for weeks to come, especially with the X10. Remember even 10, 20 minutes a day will pay big rewards over time.

2 Likes

I bought the Pink Rhino in .45 and then paid for the upgraded G-sight laser feedback system that a good friend recommended to me. It’s already helped me on some things I’ve been checking.

2 Likes

Mantis X is good, but I do no rely on their suggestions as that is wrong (for me), but it recording how you shoot is good and works well. It seems to be worth the price. Just one more training tool.

1 Like

I have a Mantis x and think it is a valuable took for correcting and making you aware of potential accuracy imperfections.

It also has a bunch of different timed drills as well as tac and regular reload speeds.

2 Likes

I have seen the LaserHIT app how do you like it ? I am always looking for dry fire training aids that are simple

2 Likes

@Jeff748, its a really good app. Easy to set up and calibrate as well. You can go to their website and download free targets to use with it.
The free version of the app offers two training programs. There is also an option to buy two more detailed training sessions for $9.99 each. I bought them both, and so far so good. It has helped me work on some things.

1 Like

Nick

Do you use it on IPhone or I pad and how do you steady the device for the aiming? Thanks for the answer

2 Likes

Jeff, I am using one of my wife’s spare camera tripods to mount my iPhone on and calibrate against the target. It’s work really well. The app can also be used with an iPad.

1 Like