Any one use the Mantis dry fire tool?

Seen ads for it. It seems expensive and gimmicky, but maybe it’s not.

1 Like

It become popular these days. It is a great tool if you like to analyze your shots.
Otherwise laser cartridge and laser target is enough.
There’s a lot of free app and software that visualize your laser hits to be more realistic.

Anyway…Mantis is great, I’ve been using it on classes only (X3 version) for deep analyze. It shows and explains your mistakes in details.

Is it expensive? Not anymore comparing to ammo cost. X10 maybe is too much. X3 is ok for training.

4 Likes

Actually I should correct myself because we discuss dry firing… So X2 is enough for this purpose… however losing live fire capabilities seems like money wasting…($70 more for X3 is reasonable).

2 Likes

I give it a :+1:

A laser cartridge will tell you that you missed, but the MantisX will tell you “why” you missed.

I find it a great tool for dryfire especially the holster draw (only on X10?) as it breaks down each piece of the draw process so you can see exactly where you are spending the most time or being inconsistent.

4 Likes

Yeap… “holster” and “recoil” analysis are available on X10 only. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

I like mine great for smoothing out trigger pull

3 Likes

It’s helpful for dry fire practice and live ammo practice.
I recommend it, especially with the ammo crunch.
It will help get you more consistent in your shooting.

2 Likes

I love dry fire. I’ve bought the full Mantis system for use at home and since I just started shooting 2 1/2 months ago I’ve gone through there Marksmanship, Advanced Marksmanship & the Elite Marksmanship courses. If you love shooting I cannot recommend enough the value you can get out of the Mantis training systems. The Mantis X elite is a great start to help you learn everything about how you are handling your handgun, rifle, shotgun & even Bow. I got the Laser system and that has become my favorite thing to do all day long when I get a break. Running both the laser & the X elite at the same time really show how you need to improve your skills when you are shooting under a time constraint and still having accuracy. Then the Blackbeard X is the best of both worlds with an AR-15 platform. It even resets the trigger for better dry fire practice. I can’t wait to get the coolfire system for my pistols next to have the same benefits. I wish I was a sponsor for Mantis, I would love for them to give me discount codes for all the people I’ve introduced the system.

2 Likes