Joe Biden knowingly and purposely blew up the border in 2021 — don’t believe his blame game now

Joe Biden knowingly and purposely blew up the border in 2021 — don’t believe his blame game now

Opinion by Rich Lowry

President Biden was inaugurated Jan. 20, 2021.

Weeks later, Feb. 2, he issued the executive order that began the unraveling at the border in earnest.

The border crisis isn’t something that happened to Biden.

It’s not a product of circumstances or understandable policy mistakes made under duress.

No, he sought it and created it, on principle and as a matter of urgency.

It wasn’t a second-year priority or even a second-quarter-of-the-first-year priority.

The new president set out in his initial days and weeks in office to destroy what President Donald Trump had built, most consequentially in the Feb. 2 executive order.

By then, mind you, there had already been significant action to loosen up on the border, including on his first day in office.

The Feb. 2 order emphasized an effort to “enhance lawful pathways for migration to this country” and revoked a slew of Trump rules, executive orders, proclamations and memoranda.

The sense of it was that there’s nothing we can or should do on our own to control illegal immigration; rather, we had to fix deep-seated social, economic and political problems in Central America instead.

It called for getting more refugees into the United States, using parole to let more migrants join family members here, enhancing access to visa programs and reviewing whether the United States is doing enough for migrants fleeing domestic or gang violence, among other things.

And it put on the chopping block numerous Trump policies that had helped establish order at the border, from Trump’s expansion of expedited removal, to his termination of a parole program for Central American minors, to his memorandum urging the relevant departments to work toward ending “catch and release.”

Expand article logo Continue reading

Most important, it targeted two of the pillars of Trump’s success at the border: the Migrant Protection Protocols, better known as Remain in Mexico, and the safe-third-country agreements with the Northern Triangle countries that allowed us to divert asylum-seekers to Central American countries other than their own to make asylum claims.

After a few fits and starts thanks to legal challenges, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas indeed ended Remain in Mexico.
Although he’s now attempting to portray himself to sympathetic journalists as an innocent bystander to Biden’s border policy, he killed the policy knowing exactly what he was doing.

“After carefully considering the arguments, evidence and perspectives presented by those who support re-implementation of MPP, those who support terminating the program and those who have argued for continuing MPP in a modified form, I have determined that MPP should be terminated,” he said in an Oct. 2021 memo.
see also

Fullscreen button
Although he’s now attempting to portray himself to sympathetic journalists as an innocent bystander to Biden’s border policy, he killed the policy knowing exactly what he was doing.

“After carefully considering the arguments, evidence and perspectives presented by those who support re-implementation of MPP, those who support terminating the program and those who have argued for continuing MPP in a modified form, I have determined that MPP should be terminated,” he said in an Oct. 2021 memo.

see also

Fullscreen button

Putin must think he’s winning the propaganda war after listening to Musk and his pals on Twitter

Putin must think he’s winning the propaganda war after listening to Musk and his pals on Twitter© Provided by New York Post

Joe Biden: The most unfit incumbent president up for re-election since FDR

He acknowledged, by the way, the policy “likely contributed to reduced migratory flows.”

For his part, Secretary of State Antony Blinken moved expeditiously.

On Feb. 6, 2021, he announced the end of the asylum agreements.

And just like that, the carefully crafted suite of Trump polices that had given us control of the border were demolished.

It didn’t require esoteric knowledge of border policy to realize how this would play out.

During the transition, Trump officials warned of a catastrophe if Biden followed through on his promises, and in April 2021, The Washington Post ran a piece headlined “At the border, a widely predicted crisis that caught Biden off guard.”

Now the Feb. 2 memo feels almost like an artifact from another era, as the open-borders orthodoxy begins to show cracks.

The White House sent Biden to visit the border and is considering measures to curtail illegal immigration and calling on sanctuary cities to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, while Mayor Eric Adams criticizes aspects of his city’s sanctuary regime.

The executive order, though, is a stark reminder the current chaos is the product of deliberate policy.

It’s all there in black and white, a prelude to a disaster that has roiled the country and could well play an outsize role in Biden losing the presidency.

Sorry Folks, Sometimes this site will not accept MSN.com articles to click on
But I felt this was the ‘WHY’
Now we need to STP this Atrocity !
But I always felt if you know the WHY that’s half the Battle.
With all that half Crossed our border already it could be much worse for us
if we let this INVASION continue.
There are so many more heading our way it’s NOT funny.
These people need to go
The Wall needs to be Built and Maintained.
Commerce needs to continue between us and mexico
and the Cartels need to DIE!

Mi dos Pesos
WWG1WGA

11 Likes

Of course when a democrat F’s something up, they will always deny and accuse someone else, why it went wrong! But they never know how to fix it!!!

4 Likes

I just hope enough voters can see through the BS, and realize what a huge pile of BS it is.

Funny how no federal laws have changed WRT immigration since FJB took office, yet he blames congress for causing the problem.

And yeah, the whole idea that we need to fix a bunch of broken countries in order to stop migration is as bad as the idea that we’re the world’s cop. The only broken countries we ever fixed were Japan and Germany, and that was only possible after they’d been beaten so badly they had no choice but to pick a new path.

Besides, it’s not the poor farmers from Venezuela with their kids that I’m worried about. It’s the Chinese, Jihadists, Cartel bosses, and child abducting human traffickers that concern me. I shouldn’t worry, though. They’re all just peaceful refugees looking for a better life, right?

5 Likes

…and the pre-loaded Visa card! Apartment n NY’s upper West side, Hot tub memberships
hey! lets give them all Tesla’s! we have a ton of them on the lots, that ought to burn-up a bunch of 'em without firing a shot! cool! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Enough voters have seen through the BS and all that have seen the BS have had their voices squashed, muted and in some cases killed or jailed. That’s how a true dictatorship works! The entire population of natural born voter aged people could vote tomorrow for Trump, we could view it live and Biden would still win!

3 Likes

“You should run for Office!” :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:wphew! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:I’m exhausted! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Brandon isn’t running the show… :thinking:

7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Now THAT was (2) minutes well spent!
Thank you Jack.

WWG1WGA
STOP THE PRESSES! (I LOVE SAYING THAT!)

“Folks, in a sense, I don’t know why we’re surprised by Trump,” Biden said during a stop in Florida. “How many times does he have to prove we can’t be trusted?” —Genocide Joe Pudding Pantz 03/24/2024

I predict (90) MILLION Votes this Year! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

They said it was a Freudian slip. But I think it was dementia Joe speaking the truth. That pudding head said the quiet part out loud.

4 Likes

NAILED IT :exclamation:

5 Likes

‘Gennie’ Not a misspelling of his beloved Ice Cream but an affectation on his Current gaffe filled nick name Genocide Joey is his own worst enemy. Just let him babble!
In this world (Not the real World though) He’s still thought as the Grandfatherly, slightly loopy but well meaning Uncle in Hospice care.
The TDS is so strong you just won’t ever wake that 30% who are totally brain washed by the media and the elites. That is until hoards of rampaging 'students, terrorists, Migrants (is that redundant?)
Take them all out one day in a Flash Mob event in their local Kroger’s supermarket.

1 Like

Get out your tin foil hats but I am old and have right more than wrong. Right now the odds on an election in November are dwindling. Biden is not running the circus. Obama is. Everyone of Biden’s people were Obama hacks. The administration is deliberately destabilizing the country. Pitting factions against each other and encouraging violence. Crime is escalating and punishment is diminishing. Food production is being attacked. Remember they are the ones calling bird flu and no way to fight them. Now they are claiming bird flu has crossed over to cows. Beef prices are on a steady climb. Many suspicious fires at processing plants. The plan is to bring the country into a National Emergency to enable Martial Law and suspend the Constitution. along with the elections. At the same time the New World Order is pushing us towards a nuclear war. All the billionaires are building shelters. Gates has 5 and Zuckerman is spending $270,000,000 on one in Hawaii. People with money are spending it on shelters. Stores and businesses are closing at alarming rates. Fuel and electric rates are climbing. As food gets scarce and unaffordable there will be riots and chaos. The Biden Administration are putting a myriad of new restrictive regulations into place. There is a major assault on guns. This could go on for hours but there are the basics.
Remember Biden bragged that he and Obama had assembled the greatest election fraud organization in history and Obama stated he would accept a 3rd term with a front man as President.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with the TRUTH

Thank you Brother Joseph202

1 Like