It's 1941, what'll you do? A thought exercise

Ammunition and small arms of every kind are unavailable because of the war effort.
As far a guns go, what you have right now is…all you have.
Could be grandpappy’s Goose gun or a battlefield souvenir Luger from WW1
The same for ammunition----maybe a half box of shotgun shells, a half dozen deer cartridges left over from last season, and a box of .22lrs (there’s an economic Depression going on, remember?)
You’re too old or too young to enlist, or maybe you’re frozen in your job for the duration.
What will be your course of action, and why?

Just in case History repeats itself.

1 Like

First, it is repeating :exclamation:
Second and unfortunately we’re not going do a damn thing.
How do I know this, because it’s already 1942!
We’re going to meme about it even when they replace the AMERICAN FLAG on the Capitol building!
If we haven’t stopped the push by now, we never will! I’ve accepted the fact that we are already dead! It’s the only way to survive the coming onslaught!

IMG_5415

Because we’re reliving it, my course of action is on a need to know basis only! Communications have been compromised, the country has been infiltrated!

1 Like

When I was working in Europe, I had a French lawyer who told me about his grandfather’s rifle that he carried in WWI. Seems the French government required people to turn in the “weapons of war” their families may have retained after all the conflicts that swept France (Franco-Prussian war, WWI, WWII).

His family reluctantly turned in the rifle. I would not,

3 Likes

Inlist.Lie about your age.

2 Likes

1911 Won WW1 and Two,
Winchester Model 16 same!
Thompson Machine gun, I wish!!!

2 Likes

I am 21!!! Honest!

4 Likes

Last time I had my ID checked, I stated it was fake and that I am actually older. The cashier was a bit confused at first. :sunglasses: Stupid stores that want everyone to show ID for alcohol purchases.

4 Likes