Is the new USCCA Training Scenarios video fear mongering?

My one and only input into this thread from the start is this: the wording on the back of the uscca membership card is good and what I recommend

I will cooperate 100% but first I need my attorney

3 Likes

It just came to me: never argue with a pig, you both get dirty and besides the pig likes it.

Later

And honestly, you could chill out a little bit you know. For a guy who writes about Lord Jesus, you could be a little less ugly and confrontational.

I say this as a fellow Christian. Lighten up, not everything here needs this level of vitriol.

3 Likes

I will agree but Jesus called Pharisees open graves, a brood of vipers, whitewashed tomes, made a whip and turned over tables to run out the money changers and such. Comes to Jesus humbly and he would help you. Get in his face and he would return it.

There are two types of judgement in the Bible. Judgement unto righteousness and then to condemnation. The second we are never to do. Nathan twisted my words and left out wording. Donā€™t know if it was on purpose or not. Standing up for yourself isnā€™t necessarily a sin. I was going to ignore him for a month but his page is blocked.

1 Like

If you think being that defensive reflects the Holy Spirit. Ok. Being right all the time with such vigor to ā€œdefend yourselfā€ is not required and sort of misses the point.

I will trouble you no more Christian.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t have been so defensive if he wouldā€™ve accurately represented my position. Notice he also never defended against anything I said. I probably did go overboard.

Thank you for putting me back on the right path.

2 Likes

Please do the same for me Brother. I will probably need it sir. Thank you.

2 Likes

I believed I was accurately representing your position. I may have inferred incorrectly, but to me, betting Iā€™m a cop and that I am a tyrant when confronted by a person who knows their rights is substantially similar to and may be generally characterized as simply saying I am a tyrant. I apologize if you did not intend that. It can be difficult to communicate solely in text as tone, volume, timing, non verbal mannerisms and body language, etc, are all absent.

I did not defend against anything you said because I felt there was no need and did not want to escalate or get into an argument over Iā€™m not even sure what at this point (the internet is good at inciting these things)

2 Likes

Could a moderator PLS block me from seeing Nathan for for a month, PLS. Only from me, let him post whatever, I just donā€™t want to see it.

You can do that (on a computer/browser), click your avatar picture in the top right corner. Then click the little ā€œone personā€ silhouette. Preferences with the gear icon. And finally click ā€œusersā€ on the left. Then add user to the ignore/muted

2 Likes

Your profile is hidden, pls unhide it.

Thank you, youā€™re ignored now.

Is he in his "safe spaceā€™ now. :cry: I blocked him this morning, what a maroon. :rofl:

2 Likes

I still have my original card from 2019

2 Likes

Thank you Forensic_Wow; A voice of reason.

Letā€™s not stay out too late. An old saying, ā€œNothing good ever happens after 10PMā€. Spend the night, especially if a weekend.

Heard USCCA on a case did cover the civil suit. To all, ā€œread the policiesā€. Never drink and CCW firearm at the same time.

Fear mongering in many industries in general, afraid so, fear sells, marketing, business development; So buyer beware; Do they have your best interest at heart?

Insurance and education of course does make sense.

3 Likes

Is there any particular policy line that led you to this recommendation?

1 Like

I live in a state which prohibits civil judgements against a defender who has been found to have acted within the law. Startlingly logical and reasonable for a gun-related law.

5 Likes

Same with my state

1 Like

A few things that the USCCA is great at advocating:

1. Safety, Safety, Safety.
  2. Know the laws of your state.
  3. Consult with any attorney within the Critical Response Network.
  4. Regard the Four Universal Safety Rules.
  5. Get education and training.
  6. Practice what you learn.
  7. Safety, Safety, Safety.

The USCCA also provides wonderful curriculums, for instance the Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals provides a gold standard education on the subject. A curriculum that will discuss more holistically personal protection and home defense. Because thereā€™s more to know! Therein and thereby, one will not be so apt to cherry pick, but will be well-rounded in their understanding of such things so as to not take any one thing out of context and will consider such disciplines as: situational awareness and avoidance, the physiological and psychological effects of a self-defense incident, the importance of a personal protection and home defense plan, what to do in the aftermath of a critical incident, and the list goes on and on. So, the focus is not so much about shooting or learning how to shoot as it is about being safe. Itā€™s a wonderful course, I would recommend it to everyone and anyone.
Is it going to teach you how to become a Range Rambo? No.
Is it going to teach you military tactics? No, Join the Military.
Is it going to make you the king sniper of the paper target? No.
But will it enable you to be better educated and adequately trained to defend yourself, family, home and possibly others: Absolutely.

A thing I have learned to do is to never assume that Iā€™m the only one that has been trained so as to discount the fact or possibility that others have also received training. So, that means there is more that I can learn if I allow my mind to be like a parachute: It works best when itā€™s open.

The USCCA is NOT about trying to push doctrines that will lead someone into committing unlawful, unscrupulous. or dangerous acts, if they were, they certainly wouldnā€™t be in a position to offer any of the liability insurances, and they certainly wouldnā€™t even have a network of lawyers that respond to its members, or Instructors that they certify.

The beauty continues in that they are available to speak to anyone that may not understand a particular thing or will even entertain constructive criticisms if it will help them to serve the membership in a better and more viable way! Iā€™m speaking from experience and not by permission.

Now, Iā€™m not being paid for anything Iā€™ve just posted nor am I employed by the USCCA. But Iā€™ve looked at this organization long enough to know what itā€™s about. And I am reasonably assured through its practices that it will never put out any information that suggest that you and I ā€œdoā€ a particular thing. It discusses with us and causes us to apply thought to what we do and how we can do it better and be better prepared to protect and defend ourselves, loved ones, and others should the situation arise. But they vehemently advocate that we know the laws of our state.

The most ineffective way to affect change is to get on a social media platform and blast away. In fact, that hinges on being ā€¦ well, the best way to effectuate change is to simply contact them and have a conversation, because they are eager to listen, and leave it there. Otherwise, the rant does not edify, Letā€™s remember, we are Responsibly Armed American Citizens. Thatā€™s my .05 cent.

4 Likes

Well said brother @David237. I come from a law enforcement background and still learned a lot of new things with the USCCA. What I have learned as carrying as a civilian is that your responsibility becomes more important because you are doing it to protect the most important people in your life, your family and loved ones, that is a big difference. When you have the training that the USCCA offers you are able to do all of these things. I think back when still being an LEO and having to respond to a service call I was responding to a call from a stranger, someone I didnā€™t know. Now I am doing it for the most important people in my life. I agree 100 percent with your post. At this point in my life and the way the world is I just want to be ready in case the moment arises where I have to defend myself and my loved ones. Eventually I also want to make time to become a USCCA Certified Instructor. I feel it is important to teach others what we know so they can defend themselves also. Stay safe, keep doing what you are doing and carry on brother.

4 Likes