Is Crimson Trace closed?

Does anyone know how to get through to Crimson Trace? I have tried all means available to me for three weeks without success and no info on web site. Have warranty claim. DM.

5 Likes

Contact Us | CrimsonTrace. Did you try this

5 Likes

Sent two times. No reply. Also used general contact form twice. No response. My CT Laserguard functioned for about 9 months, then dead. Read the manual. Just dead.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that! I cant find anything to confirm. But hey, welcome to the family!

3 Likes

Like a lot of companies, they may be dealing with more communication demand than capacity. I don’t know how long you have waited, but I would suggest giving them some time. They have been great to work with for me.

5 Likes

@David239. Welcome to the community, stay safe and train hard. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the input. I have no choice to wait and see, but it stings that CT is currently advertising (sent to me) and taking online orders and making sales of in stock products while past customers with problems get silence. My EDC pistol and I are disappointed… Glad more don’t share this experience.

3 Likes

If the item is legit-ly under warranty, and I’ve done everything I can, like it sounds you have, this is when I do what I call the switch-a-roo. But a new one, and swap the busted one in the box and such and send it back saying it only worked for a short while under warranty. I don’t feel this is stealing or sinful as you’re doing it under warranty.

Did you get it from CT or Amazon or Optics Planet, other?

2 Likes

https://www.bbb.org/us/or/wilsonville/profile/gun-equipment/crimson-trace-corporation-1296-78000634/complaints

2 Likes

Wrong, for sure, sinful, don’t know. Done this myself at times. Sometimes you just have to fix the order of things when companies are not living up to their end.

2 Likes

Bought directly from CT. Returning any product requires an authorization code issued by CT. See the problem?

3 Likes

Thanks and it appears I’m not alone in my situation. I read that CT is owned by Smith&Wesson. I emailed them to ask if CT was still in operation. S&W replied that they have no idea what CT’s operations are. At least someone (BBB) has gotten a reply, so patience is advised. I own three CT lasers and like their products…but a failure is a failure. Appreciate all the info folks. D.

2 Likes

Had a similar situation with a large motorcycle parts house. Took weeks after I ordered to even respond to the original order yet they hit my card the next day. Took two weeks for a response to my query on my order. Their response blamed Covid problems. I replied that their excuse was weak, couldn’t reply to an email from home?! Told them their competition replied to me in 6 hours. No excuse in this day.

2 Likes

No kidding. I doubt they laid off their support staff, but who knows. The computerized sales portion seems to run fine.

2 Likes

I hate to say this, but laser companies are under fire now. Several recent reports have indicated lasers pointed at Leo’s in riots.
That creates an already heightened sensitive alert status to escalate 10 fold. Is that an actual firearm aiming at my head or my partners next to me?
That’s the question. We all know some of those lasers are bought from $1-$5 stores.
I can only imagine if they are being bought from actual firearm laser manufacturers how many questions / investigations may be going on behind the scenes.
Truthfully this is one item I can see the federal government either banning or regulating like they’ve done with ( silencers) suppressors.
It creates huge issues in riot situations or for people driving on public roadways.
IMO anyone caught pointing a laser at a Leo in a riot should face federal time no debates, anyone pointing a laser at a moving vehicles driver should face 5 years mandatory no parole at the state levels.
They may be back logged in a quagmire of questioning.
I’d just keep trying to contact them then see if anyone on social media lives near their facility to see if it’s still operational. Boots in the ground intelligence.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

1 Like

'Preciate it. Great info resource with USCCA and the group.

2 Likes

Thanks for this post. I’ve had the same problem getting ANY response from CT to my emails.And when you call CT you get a voice message telling you to send email. So I just filled out a BBB complaint as well. I own 2 CT laserguards and was considering getting another for my 3rd gun but now considering other brands due to the poor service.

2 Likes

Agreed.
BTW anyone with suggestions for alternative brands of laser sights? I see that Viridian is a USCCA partner. How about Lasermax? Others?

2 Likes

Fan of armalasers. I’ve been running these for some time now, haven’t had any issues

2 Likes