Insurance commissioner in Washington state

Hello,

I received a call earlier today from the uscca stating that after January 7th I would no longer be covered with my concealed carry insurance in Washington State because of some new rule or regulation and some verbage that the insurance commissioner didn’t care for. Does anybody have any info about what they changed? My gut is telling me that someone who is against the Second Amendment is trying to make changes to make it hard to carry.

Thanks,

Steve

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, Steve. I really loved Washington when I was stationed in Bremerton in 1981. My kids were at Lewis-McChord and still enjoyed the area but not so much Seattle. One of the most beautiful places in the USA and now a haven for communists.

3 Likes

Welcome @Steve7, happy to have you here. @Dawn can give you more information about what’s happening, what we know, and what we don’t.

Yes, we believe that it’s being done as a way of limiting people’s right to self defense.

here’s a couple other threads to help you catch up with what’s happening in your home state.

2 Likes

@Zee lists a bunch of great resource threads about what happened in Washington, @Steve7. As soon as I have more information I can share, I’ll be shouting it from the rooftops (and posting it everywhere).

We’re continually working toward the solution that will allow us to sell USCCA memberships in Washington state again.

2 Likes

Hello, I am sad to say I am still in WA State and the unfortunate climate has made it difficult to make a major move at this time. I understand Membership/Insurance is deemed illegal in WA state, I am curious if there may be a program that could be started, that in the event of self defense (hoping it never has to happen) there coulb be an option for non-membership to access your great team of resources. Clearly it would be after action/incident. As you may know, most of WA is against the 2A community, and prefer self defense to be screaming or dependent on a 10 min response from police they desperately want to dismantle. I guess what I am getting at is, if my family or myself are ever put in a situation, USCCA would be my first call. Can there or will there be a resource for non-membership?

Thank you for your time and doing all you can do to stand up for those who upon no other reason but the love of life and liberty, choose to carry the tools to protect others, family and themselves.

2 Likes

@Hiddensandwich76 dont worry, we will all get through these crazy times together! Welcome to the family!

@Hiddensandwich76 Welcome. Whenever you have a technical question always include @Dawn, it will ping
her directly and she can answer your question. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the community :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe.

2 Likes

@Dawn.

TStheDeplorable

2h

A Related Issue: I live in Oregon and as a retired cop I can legally carry in Washington. But, if USCAA cannot sell carry insurance, I worry that they would be barred from paying on a claim arising in Washington. If I travel there and get arrested after a self defense incident, can they legally cover my bail and defense? The insurance is lawfully purchased in Oregon, but can it be lawfully used in Washington?

I would really appreciate a definitive statement on this issue from USCAA. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Hiddensandwich76! We are working on a number of different possibilities for Washington and as soon as I have anything I can share, I will be sharing it right here!

Stay safe out there!

1 Like

I am from Texas and I had a confrontation when in Wa.State and I was covered by USCCA band furnished a Lawyer and being out of State you will be covered.

2 Likes