If you could only have one

If you could only have one gun, what would it be?

I have a smith and Wesson shield. I am partial to that gun. I should probably say a compact gun with higher round count for home defense… but I love the shield and I’m sticking with it.

3 Likes

Only one!? You’re killing me smalls!! :slight_smile:

Ok, regular rule of law…Walther PPQ 45 ACP…without rule of law…AR15 Pistol…

4 Likes

I would opt for my AR in .556. But this is not a scenario I ever wish to be faced with. I’m quite fond of many of my firearms. I chose the AR because it is an excellent security/defense tool, damn good on varmints, can be used to harvest big game under certain conditions and is (has been) reasonably inexpensive for plinking/target shooting. It is arguably one of the most versatile weapons I own. And I 'm reasonably proficient with it. Until you posed the question I had never really thought about having just one gun . I think I’ve just become much more fond of my AR. Thanks!

6 Likes

We’re getting the really hard questions now…too hard for me

5 Likes

AK-47 good from 3 feet to 300 yards, 2 legged to 4 legged, large to small. :wink:

3 Likes

Double Stack 1911

3 Likes

I’ll take a Ruger GP100, Match Champion, in .357 mag. Great sights, good trigger. 4 inch barrel is long enough to get the oomph out of .357, but short enough to conceal.

4 Likes

I have a Dan Wesson 357 mag.- New release 2015- it came with the 6" barrel but I ordered a 2" for it . It really as a bark and one hell of a muzzle flash with the 2" on it. My carry guns are either the Taurus G2C, Smith & Wesson J-frame 642, or now I might start to carry the Dan Wesson.

4 Likes

HHMMMmmmmm,

If I can only have one that means everybody in the house gets one, the rabbits that live under the shed get one each, there are 4 squirrels that live in the cedar tree, they get one each and if we count the ants I may only have to give up 3 or 4 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :grin:

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

But…for what use, or are you insinuating “one gun to rule them all?”

Without the need to conceal, CX4, hands down.
Otherwise PPS for full conceal or PPQ for anything else.

4 Likes

Of what I have, handgun it would be my Glock 41, cause I would really have to be in serious danger to shoot someone with my FN FNX Tactical .45, that gun is expensive.

Now only one, I don’t have but am saving for. Was getting close until Corvid 19 made me spend some of what I had been saving. But I would get the Sig Sauer Rattler in .300 Blackout.

3 Likes

Tough question. It would have to be my precious…er… my Sig P226.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I would pick a pistol AR in 5.56 or a folding stock AK47 in 7.62x39 but it would come down to one of those. They would definitely need to be pistol/folding to keep them small and compact. But they need to be able to be shouldered for accuracy and better control. Honestly I’d probably flip a coin to figure which one is want because I love both so much and are both capable of so much.

2 Likes

LOTR and guns? Thank you for making my day!

I would say for “normal life” I’d go with my Sig 365. If we hit chaos world, AR with sights, numerous magazines, and speed loader.

2 Likes

Tough question, but I’ll give it a shot. I guess if I could only have one it would be my P229. So hard to make that determination and so many scenarios to run through…

2 Likes

I would take my Mossberg 590 pump. I know you can’t conceal it well, but if we are down to only one gun concealment is long past concern.

3 Likes

If I could only have 1 “gun”, then I choose my AR15 Lower and hex multi-caliber mags, an AR15 to glock 9mm adapter, and 33rd glock mags.

The accessories I would have for my 1 “gun” would be complete uppers in 556, 300 blackout, 9mm, and Beowulf.

2 Likes

Some sort of a chemical weapon shooter to kill the virus.

2 Likes

The only think I’ll settle for one of is my lovely wife.
(mic drops)

5 Likes

Sounds like some brownie points building. :innocent::us_outlying_islands:

4 Likes