If I gave you $1000, what carry gun would you buy?

If it was offered for my handgun i would be all over it. I like the idea of interchangeability.

1 Like

S&W M&P Shield 9mm and a Ruger SP101 357mag
OH YEAH

3 Likes

I would get the one from Fime Group Zero 1. Best one is 1000.00 dollars. I would just have to pay Uncle Sam LOL

1 Like

The CEO of CZ and her husband are long time friends and clients. Most people in the US canā€™t appreciate the history of CZ. Theyā€™ve been making some of the finest and most reliable guns in the world for about a hundred years now if not more.

2 Likes

I got to play with a custom Kimber mini 1911 in .380 a bit yesterday. With the extended magazine it even fit my hand well enough that I think I could probably shoot it quite well.

The ease of the slide operation really surprised and impressed me for sure.

Iā€™ve been considering some sort of a micro bug/pocket gun in either .380 or 9mm so if I had that 1,000.00 I might have to give the Kimber a try.

It really felt like a kid sized version of the 1911 but still fit well enough for an adult if that makes any sense.

1 Like

right now edc is a 1911 so probably some form of that but considering a glock

1 Like

Be prepared for a real culture shock if you do.

The 1911 is firearms perfection and functional art.

A Glock is just hammer that goes boom every time you pull the trigger no matter what.

I made that transition in the late eighties/early 90ā€™s, stuck with the Glock for most of three decades before moving the XDā€™s and XDMā€™s.

I think Iā€™ll be staying with the latter for the duration.

2 Likes

I would buy another P320( which would leave a little over $500 to do things like buy ammo and maybe a beerā€¦ or 5)

3 Likes

I wonā€™t argue with the first part of that, but beauty is as beauty doesā€¦ simplicity and reliability of engineering are a thing of beauty all by themselves. Glockā€™s engineers provided a fresh solution to an old problem and that is also a beautiful thing.

Just like when youā€™re trying to find a good woman, it ainā€™t all about family history and good looks. :wink:

1 Like

:joy::slightly_smiling_face::stuck_out_tongue:

However, stillā€¦ 1911 is a beauty, Glock is a brick, even both do the job! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hey, like I say, they will go ā€œbangā€ every time you pull the trigger but itā€™s kinda like marrying the ugly gal and keeping her at home.

Thatā€™s why everyone wants to conceal their Glocks while 1911 owners want to show them off! :rofl:

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: @WildRose
Youā€™re doing this all wrong.

See, you take that 1911 girl out in public and sheā€™s going to want pearl grips, a fancy armadillo holster, an alligator shoulder rig, a trip to the gun spaā€¦ and sheā€™s still going to turn her nose up at some of your ammo. Sheā€™s going to wear you out just carting her around even if she never gets out of the holster. Plus sheā€™s going to draw attention from all the wrong sorts of people.

That Glock girl, on the other hand, is going to take care of all your important business and is still ready for some fun, is happy in any practical holster, wouldnā€™t even know what to do with pearl grips, will handle your business with pesky armadillos and alligators in case youd like to make holsters out of them, and will eat darn near any ammo you feed her. She never asks for a day at the spa and is perfectly happy to be hosed down and scrubbed in the garage. She doesnā€™t care if you show her off or not, and sheā€™s never going to draw unwanted attention. Shes going to lighten your load just walking around, and sheā€™s gonna protect both your wallet and your 6, 24/7 365.

Just sayinā€™ :rofl:

4 Likes

KIMBER ultra carry 45acp

1 Like

Thatā€™s why revolvers rule. Revolvers are the older gals among us. They can work all day, get cleaned up and be a show me off piece at the bbq. Thereā€™s big ones, small ones, they come in an array of designs. They have ā€œcurvesā€ where these youngsters donā€™t get it. They can hunt, defend the home, scare the pants off little Johnny Gangbanger, and look magnificent doing it. And, like the more seasoned ladies, they might be a little ā€œlow capacityā€ so more frequent rest stops may be necessary, but they bring the thunder(hereā€™s looking at you 460 and 500 Magnum) when the younger ā€œladiesā€ just tremble in awe. :grin: .Like the song says, ā€œOlder women just know how to treat a man.ā€

4 Likes

Nicely done @WildRose, Nicely done.

Springfield 3.8 9mm XDM.

1 Like

Sig Sauer P226. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Rock Island Armory has come out with a ā€œBaby Rockā€, which is a pocket sized 1911 in .380. Seems to be a n exact version with the exception of the ejector being moved to the outside. Saw one at my LGS recently.

Regards.

3 Likes

Really like to give the S&W M&P 9 Compact (4ā€) M2.0 a try. The extra money would go to holster, extra mags, mag holster. If it works as good as I hope Iā€™d sell my G19 & G26. I like them but their ergonomics just donā€™t work great for me.

3 Likes

I would buy a 9mm sar arms b6p and some extra mags.

2 Likes