If ATF comes for ARs

Well, after this weekend’s capsizing accident I lost my AR-15. I’m accepting donations to replace it.

2 Likes

What if there’s a 2A opportunity in all this?

Play out this hypothetical. Suppose an anti-2A Congress, in all their unchecked fervor, goes off the deep end, banning all sorts of things that are bearable and in common use. This is immediately challenged as unconstitutional, given previous rulings by SCOTUS. The high court, in their current structure, is unlikely to overturn the court’s own legal test, and thus strikes down the law, setting a Judiciary precedent that the Constitution protects the rights of American citizens to own AR-15s.

Not saying it will happen, just saying it could.

2 Likes

It could… but SCOTUS has an easy out in that they just don’t hear the case.

And if they do… It just gives Biden & Co the push to pack the court.

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought of those possibilities, as well. I’m just saying that even in these threatening times, there is potential to strengthen the 2nd Amendment.

I don’t want to go down the route of court packing, though. If we ever get to that point, then the entire judiciary is subject to the whims of a sitting president, and our entire form of government is dead.

3 Likes

Brother, that already occurred with the rigged election. Cow is out of the barn and heading to the back forty at a clip.

4 Likes

Here is one more feather in your hat. The ATFE has already decided not to pursue prosecution on at least one case as the AR lower receiver does not meet the government CFR standard of a firearm. You can look up the daffynition yourself. So now if the powers that be decide OK it’s not a gun then can they ban/confiscate it under another gov’t clause protecting us from dangerous inanimate objects? Food for thought.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I asked my firearms what they identify as, they told me “power drills”.:grinning:

4 Likes

Love it. It is the perfect scene for America :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes