If ATF comes for ARs

Can you just give the the stripped down lower receiver without all the other parts?

1 Like

Well that would depend on how they word the “law” but if you were going to comply why not just give up the whole firearm. It’s useless without the lower. And at that point its not like we’d be getting our rights back so why keep the memories of freedom?

I’m not being sarcastic.

4 Likes

I guess you’ve never heard of 80% lowers and 3D printers. If the laws swing back you would have to dish out the money for the rest of the AR.

1 Like

I see where our thoughts start to separate. You’re looking at if we get our rights back and I’m looking at it that we won’t.

Neither is wrong just a difference in opinion

2 Likes

You assume that taking away arms is actually legal. It’s against the constitution. Standing your ground can be done incrementally. Doesn’t have to end up with someone dead.

Your question and thread leads to the assumption that it was made legal to take AR’s and you were looking for a fine print way around it…

I 100% believe its unconstitutional to take firearms

We’ve been standing our ground incrementally, hasn’t exactly been working out

I don’t want to see any violence.

6 Likes

I believe, however unfortunate, that this will end up with violence because it’s like taking your right to protect your life, family’ life, etc. you’ll see all sorts of not traditional weapons materialize. Sheepdog, I’m seeing way too many sheeple. It’s disheartening. I won’t say what’s really on my mind about my intended topic. My entire family spread across three or for different states do not plan to comply with confiscation attempts.

5 Likes

The constitution was burned in Georgia last night! Learn to be a slave! Uppers, lowers, plastic it’s over, the fat lady is singing!

3 Likes

As @Sheepdog556 mentions it depends on how they word the law. If they stick to existing legal verbiage, then yes all you’d need to give up is the serialized lower without any other parts.

Why is this an important distinction? Well it matters who you surrender to.

If it doesn’t pass federally, but is a state/local law (let’s say CA, NY, etc) then you surrender your lower, move to another locality, and you don’t have to buy the whole rifle all over again.

If it’s federal, you can always hope they repeal/rescind/expire the law (it’s happened… not likely, but not impossible) then again you just buy a lower afterwards. I won’t get into “alternative lowers” such as 80% (or less), machining your own, 3D printing, even built out of legos (yes, thats a thing). Heck you could probably buy them on the black market at that point.

In both cases, you are now crossed off “the list” as no longer having whatever they’ve banned and at least for the moment off the radar of whoever is enforcing this. (Doesn’t mean you aren’t on some other list though)

Here’s the caveat though… It depends on the wording of the law. In Virginia, when they tried last year to pass an AWB the verbiage banned not only the serialized firearm but any parts that could be used to create an AW were also banned. In that event, you’d have to turn in the whole thing to comply.

2 Likes

And I’m pretty sure it’s not Kate Smith.

4 Likes

I predict there will not be a single AR left in civilian hands within 12 months after Comrade Biden is sworn in :roll_eyes:. He has stated throughout his campaign he IS coming for your AR 14’s…close Joe :thinking:
That being said…
Someone please name me 1 thing that our govt. has outlawed and its gone away…
Hopefully Comrade Joe’s executive order on “weapons of war” will have same effect as prohibition did.
:sunglasses: :beers: :beers:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Rest assured they will realize that the lower alone does not meet the definition of a firearm, and they will correct the error in their ways before they start filling the dumpsters (assuming they dont disarm you in order to arm someone else)

4 Likes

Be very careful here. You WILL “trigger” some members. I, myself do agree.

1 Like

I agree. As noted above, recent AWB proposals in a few states have started including the parts as being an “assault weapon” too.

2 Likes

Criminals, crazies, and terrorists will still have their AR-15’s.

5 Likes

Some really basic facts:

Even if ATF doubled their number of agents:

I wouldn’t call rounding up 2,667 ARs per agent “Job Security”. Waiting for the roadblocks.

3 Likes

Convicted for B & E.
Scum lining his pockets w nothing but greed for fame. Scum

1 Like

The number of legal ARs or equivalent is estimated to be well over 20,000,000 now.

Think about Biden’s difficulty trying to confiscate a rifle that is that popular. There is the legal issue and there is the logistical issue. This would be a major failure in the courts and on the ground.

Is he really that stupid? Yes, he really is. PINO - PresidentIn Name Only. He will do what he is told. Those behind him have an agenda. They believe they have full control.

4 Likes

Brother, they are scrambling. Trying to bury the election fraud while counting on the average sheeple to get on with their lives. They desperately want to bury President Trump. I hope there is a mountain of evidence on sedition and fraud. The good guys are going to sweep in and save the day at the last moment. “Sh!t in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills up the first.” Otherwise, if the Sniffer carries out half of what he proposes, the country will revolt on a massive scale.

2 Likes