Idaho Signs Firing Squads Into Law

Seriously?!

Does anyone else fear this will only embolden and inflame gun control advocates, and make gun owners look like we just want to shoot people?

(Sorry about the link. Haven’t figured out how to post an article yet)

2 Likes

No more than police officers carrying rifles in their cars makes gun owners look whatever

This is the government here, not ‘gun owners’, exactly

5 Likes

In todays world I suppose the Anti 2A thinkers can some how turn Legal Firing Squad Execution’s into another gun violence issue. To them, if it’s a gun or if it even looks like a gun it’s violent.

3 Likes

They probably get the drugs from Chyna, and were just planning a contingency.

3 Likes

The people I’m referring to aren’t going to make that distinction. We’re all just going to be lumped together.

Do those people say gun owners just want to shoot someone when the police shoot someone?

1 Like

The difference between police shooting someone in the act of a violent crime is significantly different from deliberately executing someone by firing squad. That distinction they can make. The concern is more a general reflection on guns and their use.

And yes, on gun owners too.

I’ve heard of people prosecuted for less!

2 Likes

I believe this move was in response to some drug companies that were threatening to stop or had already stopped providing the drugs needed for lethal injections.

Now the drug companies will have to decide if the negative press from supplying drugs for executions outweighs the potential negative press from forcing States to resort back to firing squads

6 Likes

fentanyl is readily available and it works quick

7 Likes

No, they just blurt the stock phrase “gun violence.”

2 Likes