I need some advice

This is such a bad situation, do you know any LE personally? If so I would have a conversation with them. I don’t think that the USCCA could do anything for you, this is theft, not self defense. I am curious as to what you have learned from all of this? I would imagine that you know what you did wrong and I won’t preach to you. This all falls under the ideology of what responsibility stands for when you make the decision to carry a firearm. None of us are perfect and sometimes we make mistakes. The host seems like a nut, and it makes me wonder how he acquired the guns that he has. Part of how and why we are training isn’t always about shooting, it’s also about making sound choices and good decisions. This is essential for everyone’s safety. :pray:t4:

5 Likes

That’s a great point, @Steve-G. Maybe he has done this to others and they never fought back? :thinking:

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking Dawn, he may have a system and does this regularly.

5 Likes

I agree with you, it really sounds like he put something extra in it to make you feel too buzzed to drive home. The fact that you were too knocked out to notice someone messing around in your pockets also indicates to me there was more than a serving of alcohol in play.

Hope to hear a good final outcome from this :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you all for your input. Although all of the responses about alcohol and guns not mixing are not helpful. While they are very valid and great advice to someone who may be new to guns, it is just embarrassing to me that I made that mistake and doesn’t help. I have a good friend who is an attorney and I am too embarrassed to talk to him about this. My wife is very upset and I am just a mix of emotions over this. I don’t want to lose m y rights for a stupid mistake nor do I want to face some made up charges. I am going to speak to an attorney as soon as I can find one who deal with this sort of issue. I will let you all know how this turns out.

2 Likes

If you’re a USCCA member, I’d start with one of their attorneys–they’ll probably have a better understanding of gun culture than most.

2 Likes

@JOHN359

This is not an attorney matter, this is a police matter. Use an attorney for the civil side. The longer you fail to contact the authorities the worse it looks.

I’m not throwing stones, I’ve been drugged before, and it ruined my life for years. That honestly is only way your situation makes sense is if he drugged you and your wife.

But dragging this out before you call the police is going to make you look bad.

Have your wife talk to his wife and see if she can resolve it, since they wanted you two to be friends.

If you have an attorney start criminal and civil, if you don’t have an attorney get one.

I also mean this in the nicest possible way, but you are all over the place in your statements. So I would

1. Sit down organize your thoughts. Gather your paperwork proving gun is yours, then call the police

2. Make your statement to the police.

3. Have your attorney start the Civil suit.

4 Likes

Thank you Zavier, I understand about all over the place from the snippets you sent of my messages. I should have said that I was speaking to a USCCA attorney by text and he was advising me how I should proceed. He said that if I reported it stolen and followed through with it I could then let him know and he would take it from there.

Then I was speaking to another USCCA attorney because I didn’t know if I was to report that I knew who took the gun. He said that I needed to get a private attorney to handle the case. At that point I had to think of my two friends who are attorneys and ask if they would handle this. I am sorry but this is so embarrassing to me that I am having a hard time speaking to them about this. I am having a hard time speaking to anyone. I was stupid and should have known better. My little voice said don’t go and don’t trust this guy but I wanted to do as my wife asked. Actually embarrassed doesn’t really cover it. Humiliation, some guilt, kicking myself and a whole range of emotions. I am afraid of the red flag laws we hear so much about anymore. Just him saying I may have did something wrong could take away my rights or even convict me. Ok, fear is a part of this too.

1 Like

I agree and I have.

1 Like

I think we’ve all made mistakes that we really wouldn’t want to have everyone thumping on us about… embarassing, yep, I’ve done some things too. You have a fine opportunity to learn from this. @Steve-G is correct about self defense not being just about shooting, but also about thinking, planning, and acting more in your own best interests. Always more to learn. You can definitely find some useful education in this.

I think @Zavier_D and several others have given really good advice. Lawyer. Police. go!

For the rest of us - as an moderator, I’m just going to implement the “no piling on” rule… @JOHN359 has heard you, so lets not put more knots on his head for something that’s already been said.

I think there are lessons in here for the rest of us as well…

I know I have personally bought guns face-to-face for cash (legal to do for private party sales in MO). This “visit their home” circumstance wouldn’t have worked for me with total strangers, but if it was a friend of my spouse… it might not have popped up in my alert-radar as a risk. Its possibly a situation I might be in. I likely wouldn’t be fully-cashed-up, just the downpayment and deal to be fully concluded later after seeing the guns.

The drink wouldn’t have happened because I don’t drink… and i’m a bit twitchy about accepting the obligatorily offered non-alcoholic drink at someone else’s house anyway.

Being drugged… yeah that’s a creepy one. I hate sleeping anyplace that isn’t mine, so that “stay over” or “too impacted to drive”… that would have stood my hair on end for sure. I hadn’t really considered much about that sort of situation, so I wouldn’t have had a plan in place. Now I will.

3 Likes

This brings up a bigger point. What if @JOHN359 did NOTHING wrong? What if he was drugged? It’s very possible his bad situation could have uncovered a bigger issue with this other couple. In our little community here, we preach that we know there are preditorial type people in the world. John may have inadvertently come across just such an individual.

4 Likes

Thank you Zee, I do appreciate all of your input.

3 Likes

@JOHN359

No need to apologize. God, I know that better than anyone. But time for words is past, act.

I understand being humiliated, and embarrassed and having to explain it. I’ve been there. Hell I am probably the poster boy of that. But the longer you allow it to drag the worse it gets.

You know how in self defense cases the USCCA advises you to win the race to 911. That applies here get off the X and take control back.

3 Likes

Hopefully you are a member and you can get some legal help. I am a bit of a bull and I would push the issue. It is basically you and your wife against him and his wife. You can turn around and do the same thing and say that you purchased a gun from him and he stole it and yours. He needs to have his guns removed, he is a criminal. I would even call ATF and maybe suggest that he might be selling stolen weapons. He might sell yours.

2 Likes

And if that’s the case, he may need to take a private pay drug analysis to find out if he was drugged.

1 Like

After reading your story last nite, I was thinking that it took real guts to post it and ask for help in this community, because I figured you were probably somewhat embarrassed to do so. I expect everyone here, myself at the top of the list, has done things that we later realized weren’t the smartest choice, then regretted it deeply and to our own embarrassment.
When you realize you’ve made a mistake, you make it as right as you can as fast as you can, and learn from it- is what I taught my kids.
I just wanted to say that the sooner you start fixing it, the sooner you’re gonna start to get over it, resolve it, and move on. You took the step here, just keep moving. This guy is a predator who needs to be stopped.

3 Likes

Did the host of the party drug you? I ask because he (or they) were able to take your carry gun without you knowing or feeling it? Leave that joker alone. Get a lawyer asap man. :v:t5:

1 Like

Thank you Jane and you are right, this is very embarrassing. It was hard for me to post it but I must resolve this and I wanted to see how best to do that. You are a kind person and your children are lucky to have a mom like you.

2 Likes

greatest fear is that he might use my pistol to harm someone else. This guy is an alcoholic and as I said I believe he has wet brain. I used to sponsor people for AA and they explained that when someone drinks everyday all day their body is unable to purge all of the alcohol from their system. All it takes is one or two drinks the next day to get them drunk again. After a while they can no longer tell what is real and what is not. This is what I think is going on with this guy. I have seen him go from a friendly outgoing guy to a vicious threatening guy in seconds. He would ask why someone did something that didn’t happen or explain that someone wanted to beat him up of kill him when nothing was said or done to him. I think this guy is very sick.

1 Like

This exemplifies the best to get the law involved. You tell them the situation, and give them the serial number of the gun in question. Even if you never get it back, that’s better than being charged with a crime, you obviously didn’t commit.

2 Likes