I have a Sig p365, thinking about a Sig p238 looking for some advice

Okay thanks for the advice

Vicki

1 Like

Get the Sig P238 and give the P365 to me! Sorry, just being facetious. :blush:

1 Like

Just a thought, perhaps I’m confused. Your appendix is on your right side. However you want to carry at 11 which is cross side. Is this correct?

1 Like

Cross side yes I may have mentioned appendix would be my second choice

Vicki

2 Likes

Lol no way!

Vicki

1 Like

Ok so why the sig? 6 rds 7 extended, there are many weapons that are lighter much easier to carry. My guess is easier to conceal because of weight. Depending on build naturally

1 Like

Cross Side seems more natural to me. Maybe I missed it, are you preferring ITW or OTW? To me, just my opinion, cross side lends itself as one of the easier ITW carries.
EDIT: I am right handed.
John

1 Like

Well I have read really good reviews on the p238. Don’t get me wrong I like the p365 it is a printing issue for me. Winter no prob, summer prob. Do you have another small pistol you reco? I have an old Kel-Tec p32 which is awesome on size but I can’t stand to shoot it. Plus it’s a .32.

Vicki

1 Like

ITW.

Vicki

1 Like

Before this mess started a weapon was easy to find, now not so much. Like clinger holsters & sticky both may work bettet

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah getting ammo has been a challenge. I refuse to pay $1 Plus a round!

Vicki

2 Likes

$1.00 per round (9mm), in my opinion, is not bad for a good self defense round. Last time I bought practice ammo, 124grn, FMJ, brass case was running around 19 cents a round.

1 Like

I just might add here, in MY P-365, I found the 124grn to be the most accurate. I have not had feeding issues with any weight or brand of ammo.

1 Like

I was talking about FMJ training rounds! The prices are ridiculous even in bulk. If you can even get it. I can maybe get it if I go stand in line at the academy a couple hours before they open to get it at a decent price but then you’re not guaranteed they will have what you want and you are limited to two boxes.

Vicki

1 Like

Okay great good to know. I have only been able to get 115 grain in limited amounts. I mean I have been swapping ammo with people I know. I sure hope things settle down next year but I don’t know at this juncture.

Vicki

1 Like

Wow. I have not bought ammo in so long I didnt realize how much and scarce it has become. I should sell what I have and retire! I will never shoot it all.

2 Likes

:+1: I would buy some LOL

Vicki

2 Likes

You bring up an interesting topic, likely worth being a separate topic in and of itself. Seems everything that landed on my porch for a couple years was labeled “ORMD”. I was afraid the neighbors were all going to think I belonged to the Foreign Legion… then I realized I was the slacker in the neighborhood! : )

I wonder what legalities are involved in shipping ammo by a private citizen? Only time I have shipped ammo myself was a single round at a time of historic cartridges to collectors for their collections. By the time I had it in 3 padded boxes the little round ended up in a box a foot on edge. Plus I was sure to label it ground only. That was a few years ago, not sure what current requirements are.

You want to start a thread or shall I?

1 Like

Not sure there is need for a thread. I looked it up. No shipping ammo by USPS and must go ground (UPS/FEDEX)

According to UPS:

1. Your package must weigh 66 pounds or less

2. They will only ship it ground service

3. You must attach their special shipping label to the outside of the box. The label must be larger than the size of a credit card.

image001.pngUPS Ammunition Shipping Label

4. You must take the ammunition to a shipping center, not a regular UPS store, where they’ll check your package in and get it where you need it to be.

Vicki

Be decisive. Right or Wrong make a decision.

The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn’t make a decision.

3 Likes

I like your signature. I guess I should look around and figure out how to add one. One of my favorites is:
“The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.” - Lao Tzu
“You cant believe everything you read on the internet” _ Abraham Lincoln

1 Like