I can’t find it online

I hate to ask here but I can’t find shyte online. Hoping someone here has the knowledge. My new to me 05 Ranger is taking forever to start in the morning. I think it is the fuel pressure regulator. My problem is that I don’t know where it is. It’s either under the hood or in the gas tank with the fuel pump. Anybody know where it is?

2 Likes

Did you look at either end of the fuel rail on top of the engine?
Sounds like possible fuel pump.

5 Likes

I am 99.99% certain that it is part of the fuel pump assembly in the tank.

5 Likes

It’s under the hood. Follow the fuel rail. At one end usually towards the cab itll be there. At the other end is a schrader valve, you can attach a pressure gauge there to check what’s going on.

A little more info on the problem will be helpful.

6 Likes

Try this link:

Consider subscribing to AlldataDIY … 24.95 a year for a single vehicle. Factory service information. You’ll find you answer there. An internet search will be vague, as you already know.

2 Likes

It’s in the shop now getting a new water pump, power steering pump and radiator. I bought it knowing this and got a very good deal.

As to more information that’s it. You crank it for 30 seconds and it starts. Go in a store, come out and it starts right up. That’s why I am thinking FPR. If it sits overnight is when the long cranking time is needed. I don’t think it’s the fuel pump. I’m afraid of if this doesn’t get fixed it will lead to needing a new starter, maybe injectors….

2 Likes

I would agree to the regulator. I don’t think they’re expensive just make sure you bleed off any residual fuel pressure (gas don’t taste good)! And good luck hope you get plenty of good use out of the truck.

5 Likes

If I let it sit overnight I don’t think I will have to worry about tasting any gas, lol.:grin:

2 Likes

Browsing through FB and this guy was selling his Ranger; nothing wrong with it, 2.9 leader engine……:joy::rofl::smiling_face_with_tear::laughing: