Got gas ?? Not any more ...

Thought I was losing it earlier this week as every time I drove someplace my gas gauge read lower than before. !!! Today it’s on the big “E” and I never drove anywhere since Thursday.
Talked to my neighbor and he said his truck was full yesterday and today showed 23 miles to empty !!
Called the local police and reported it, they came out & said they will patrol this street more often at night.
So yeah, I’m really pissed, guess the outdoor monitoring system will be next on the list.
Just beware folks I reckon gas is as good as gold for awhile…
Don’t want to shoot anybody but I’m sure giving it some thought. :rage:

6 Likes

Sorry it happened but thanks for the heads up.

5 Likes

There have been reports of stealing gas from vehicles across the country. This isn’t new, but I would expect it to become more prevalent due to the current economic conditions. Since the police have been hampered from doing crime prevention and there is a reluctance to prosecute criminals, this will not be treated as a serious crime. If you decide to confront these criminals, you will be taking on a huge liability.

8 Likes

Stop the threat, aim for the gas can!
Yes, I heard they are drilling holes in gas tanks. Everyday a new hobby! We are almost at Mad Max level.

9 Likes

I’ve seen reports that they are even stealing gas from gas stations as well.

4 Likes

Living in a rural area where people must depend on their vehicles, it would not be a wise idea for the crooks to steal gas. Many people also volunteer to provide essential services. If someone can’t respond to an emergency call because their tank was drained it would not bode well for anyone caught stealing gas. Unlike some parts of the country, even if they could post bail, they would probably opt to stay in jail for their own protection. This is not just a case of STEALING STUFF and should not be tolerated anywhere.

5 Likes

Did they syphon it or even worse punch a hole in the gas tank?

I recommend Nest, or anything else that is powered by a cord and records 24/7.

1 Like

Some gas tanks are now plastic so the new thing is to make a hole in the tank.

2 Likes

Hopefully the idiot will siphon the blue def tank, the taste afterwards will be a deterrent .:rofl:

4 Likes

For play at the station.

2 Likes

thank you for the birthday wished!

2 Likes

Siphoned it !! Newer car without locking door or gas cap. When I bought it I asked about that and the dealer said there was no way they could siphon !! Policeman told me different …

2 Likes

Nice but why is this on my post about stealing gas from my car ??

1 Like

Great news from the white house! After going up several dollars per gallon over the past couple of months, it has gone down approximately 5cents a gallon across the nation!!! Didnt Brandon say he woukd fix it all! :thinking::thinking::grin::expressionless:

5 Likes

No, they are drilling holes in the fuel tank!

2 Likes

Hate to ask, Ford, Chevy or Chrysler. Most Fords have anti-Syphon gas tanks since the 90’s.

1 Like

Actually a good post and on topic. Be curious as to the implications for armed defense and surprised that hasn’t been brought up. One cannot shoot someone for stealing gas. However, it may come up that an armed citizen confronts someone stealing gas, then ends up fearing for their life with the thief or thieves and ends up shooting or being shot at. I know I may call 911 first before taking any action and wait for the police (response time is good in my neighborhood, but not great.) How might one handle this scenario if they look out their window and see a thief or thieves in the act?

I think you answered your own question “how might one handle” with the “ends up fearing for their life”

It is indeed a very real possibility that your life will be in jeopardy if you initiate a physical confrontation* with a criminal (and any accomplices you do or don’t see).

Is your life, your freedom, or tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars and years in court with you and your family’s names being drug through the mud to spend the rest of your life hiding from your name while looking over your shoulder worth the gas in your car?

*Initiating a physical confrontation is how you should expect it to be framed if you leave your house to confront somebody over property

Here is another perspective: Don’t go anywhere with a gun you wouldn’t go without a gun.

Have you seen that article or thread yet?

Here is one of the contexts in which that “golden rule” applies. Would you go out there unarmed to confront the thieves? I take it not, as you pointed out “armed citizen” confronts someone stealing gas. If you would make sure you had your gun on your belt before going out there, golden rule says, don’t go at all.

1 Like

My Ford truck has anti theft gas, good thing cause it’s a 35 gallon tank.

2 Likes