How many types of guns are there?

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/what-are-the-types-of-guns/

This is a really high level on the different types of firearms out there and is a great article for those who are new to firearms.

For those who are more experienced, what other classifications/categorizations does Blogger Tom McHale not dive into in this article?

Tactical firearms
Military Surplus(M1 Garand, Mosin Nagant)
Replica/Reproduction firearms(Uberti 1894 rifle)

There are only two.
The ones that work and the ones that dont.

9 Likes

I can only think of three:

1. Band (Spearguns are my favorite)
  2. Pneumatic
  3. Flammable Powder

(edit) Just remembered Chum Guns

2 Likes

How could I forget Stun Guns! So my list is up to Four Types of Guns:

1. Band (Spearguns are my favorite)
  2. Pneumatic
  3. Flammable Powder
  4. Stun Gun
2 Likes

And we cannot ignore the ever entertaining Potato Cannon!

3 Likes

Is that a clip change from the marshmallow gun, @MikeBKY? :thinking:

2 Likes

Could be. All it takes is some PVC, hairspray and a gas grill igniter and, of course, a potato!

4 Likes

@MikeBKY is that the spud gun? Or a potato launcher? If we’re talking launchers, then we need to include the Punkin Chunkin guns… which come in several versions, including rubberband-type power and air cannon, in sizes up to flatbed-mounted artillery. :laughing:

I think maybe gatling guns are their own class, as it’s the barrels that go round not the chamber. Not sure how many civilian-legal versions there are, but some people’s husbands have been known to make them in their high school metal shop class. Not mentioning anyone I’m married to or anything. :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Zee Here is one to add to that stable of yours. It uses Glock magazines. :laughing:
https://tippmannarmory.com/gatling-gun/

3 Likes

If you’re talking calibers, they range from BB guns to the Schwerer Gustav (English: Heavy Gustaf ) which was a German 80-centimetre (31.5 in) railway gun. So literally hundred.

2 Likes