Make Shift Firearms

Has anyone in the community ever had an experience or has heard of any makeshift firearms. If you have anything you can post that can make us aware of these things can be helpful. I read another post having to do with a Glock 19 disguised as a Nerf gun that’s why I put this out there so you can be aware.
Interesting article and the Glock disguised as a nerf gun is not difficult to accomplish if you know what you are doing. It goes to show that the criminal mind is always at work. All of us need to be aware of what’s out there. Back in the days when I was a LEO a 22cal. pistol was recovered in a drug raid disguised as a beeper. Back in the 80s a lot of people carried beepers/pagers. This particular one was a 5 shot 22lr cal. A 22 caliber in the right spot can kill you. I’m pretty sure bad guys read that news article about the nerf gun and got some ideas. Also I remember growing up they made zip guns. It was like a one shot deal made out of wood and it used a nail as a striker and it sure killed people back in those days. An old timer NYPD Detective I knew had a wallet in his back pocket made of leather with a 2 shot derringer inside of it. Moral of the story we need to be aware that these weapons exist and always be aware that they can be used on us.

1 Like

The how too’s and such are a can of worms you really don’t want to open on an open forum, for the princely sum of about $8 I can make a single shot reloadable shotgun, not fast, not elegant but it can be done. The idea that they exist is enough that if ANYONE points ANYTHING at you in a threatening manner you MAY wish to consider that it a gun and take appropriate action.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

I don’t have any links but I remember zip guns back in the day.

Lethal at close range. Single shot typically were disposable.

Now you can just 3d print a gun if you have a basic knowledge of firearms and basic machining skills.

I even saw some where a guy had 3d printed a working revolver. He took the steps to make it legal. That might have been on another forum here.

1 Like

@Johnnyq60 There you go. You can now buy a kit. I guess if your hard up. :thinking:
If it looks like a piece of pipe it just might be a shotgun.

1 Like

Use to make black powder cannons out of pipe back in the day…

1 Like

It was a roni with a Glock in it painted to look like a nerf blaster I am not a fan of this type of deception but like pink firearms color and danger perception are diminished when faced with conflicting data The momentary “ short circuit” is enough to make a person default critical thinking. Shiny wrapper candy bar versus nickel plated pistol , laser tag pistol or new version of a grease gun , there are laws on the books that charge severely for this type of thing that should be put out there to deter people thinking about that.

2 Likes

3-D printers. That’s all I’m saying.
Lead bullet molds
Casings
Powder (might have to make your own
Primers (make shift)

2 Likes

Agree. Anyone with half a brain, a little mechanical ability and a 3d printer can make at least a single shot gun.

I remember zip guns. Pipe, rubber band and a nail I believe is all it took to make a disposable single shot gun.

2 Likes

Here’s an idea

2 Likes

So in many states that does not fit the definition of a gun. Not sure if thete would be any other laws to watch out for but it looks awesome. For a prototype, looks fairly accurate at short ranges.

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

It’s not a gun until it’s used like a gun then it’s a gun !
A screwdriver is a tool, that can be used as a weapon or a burglary aid. It’s on the construction of the individuals ideas on your motives. Read this to mean: (what ever the cops say) a round black or silver stick is construed as a barrel especially if your pointing it at some one, so if you use it like a gun be ready to be charged for a firearm as defined as a device designed with intent of launching a projectile/projectiles with significant force as to compel, injure or maim to some of us here a firearm is a tool. Like a hammer or saw to some it a dangerous weapon. May be if it wasn’t used as tool to project power , or deliver oppression , instill fear or fortify hate we would not have this pr problem with guns. In Japan shooting deaths are so low that it’s crazy right? You can’t get guns in Japan but the weapon of choice is the knife unheard of here because most people don’t bring knives to a gun fight we conceal carry ! Lol but the murder rate for stabbing in Japan are astounding. It’s the intent of the tool or toy for this matter

1 Like