How Many Guns Do You Have?

I did not realize how many guns I had until this question came up. My late husband had a 30-06, a 12 gauge shotgun, a rifle he somehow was able to get to the states after he was wounded in Korea and his 357 Magnum. Of course once he passed they reverted to me. I have a 30/30, a 22 riffle, a 38 police special and my carry weapon, a 9mm Ruger.
The trick is to have enough ammunition to have on hand for each and every one of them. I always carry my Ruger on my person whenever I leave the house as well as an extra clip in my purse. Hopefully I will never need to use it.

8 Likes

@Shamrock , @Craig6 ,

I discussed this with my fumigator in person this morning. I was completely wrong about why the safe needs to be open. First it is to be sure noone is inside a safe large enough for someone or a pet to crawl into. Secondly, they add tear gas to the Fumigation to give it some smell and deter anyone thinking about coming in. The safe can trap the tear gas and give the owner a good blast when they open it.

The new plan is to verify noone is in the safe and tape it up to keep the tear gas out. Now if only the rest of the prep was this easy.

6 Likes

Not enough! but they say by today’s standards, 10 is the average now a days.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Shawn58 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

If my safe was not made of wood, I would tell the exterminators “You have no damn need to access my safe(s) so it/they will remain locked. If this is a problem I will get another company” Further with this “red flag” I would also demand a bond of theft protection while treating the home.

4 Likes

Can you ever have enough, I joked with my wife a month ago that I thought I was going through withdrawal. I had not bought a gun in a while. Two days later I came home and said here is your free Tshirt from Scheels. She asked what I bought and showed it to her. There will always be something new that comes out that screams that is cool I must buy that.

4 Likes

I have two on my list I wanna get fairly soon… and I know as well as my wife does, there’ll be two new ones on the list when I get them :grin:

2 Likes

There is always something new, when I bought the Mossberg 590 shockwave, my mother asked why did you buy this? My reply to her was because it looked freaking cool! My father chuckled

3 Likes

I only have one which is all I need.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Coraleen_F .
Smart thinking btw :+1: Quality over quantity. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Coraleen_F

2 Likes

My answer is always “one less than I need”. Same answer as for “how many guitars do you have?”.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family @Coraleen_F and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

Thank you all for welcoming me into the family! May God continue to protect us all!

3 Likes

Yeah tried that, didn’t pan out. Probably never will

2 Likes

Welcome@Coraleen

2 Likes

Just the correct amount to be ethical and to match the situation, whether it be hunting, hobby, or self defense protection. There is no number on it, as it differs per person. When I do sell one back legally, that’s when I have too many. I’m one of those who cycles one out from time to time. As I learn, I try to teach others with an emphasis on safe handling and the law. JIMHO.

3 Likes

13 Likes

the correct answer is " Not enough" :grinning:

3 Likes

Old Gnome,
I’m just guessing that would be the “Next One”. And after that you will just need ‘one more’. Kind’a in that boat myself.

3 Likes