How many of your firearms are always loaded?

Five for me and 2 of wife’s so we have 7 loaded… math😁

9 Likes

4 as of now, had more set to go but figured it was silly. Not judging, just me…

6 Likes

All my 9mm and .45acp pistols + AR-556 rifle.
And then, the boating accident happened.

14 Likes

About like me, ar & pistols are ready.

6 Likes

Only six.

7 Likes

None of mine are always loaded, but I still treat them that way. For example, I don’t keep it loaded for cleaning (I know…captain obvious here is looking for a promotion to major annoyance). But yes, other than the obvious times you should never have them loaded, they’re all loaded. I do keep 2 bolt action rifles in a safe that are not loaded. Now that I think about it…why are they not loaded? hmm.

5 Likes

I have concerns if the house catches on fire that it will cook off chambered rounds creating an unsafe situation for firefighters. So most of my defensive firearms are in a safe with a loaded mag inserted, safety off, but no round in the chamber.

The first exception being my home defense handgun which is loaded and ready to go in a quick access safe with a trigger guard. But it is stored in a way that if it cooks off it can only fire once and that bullet has to go through a couple layers of steel and interior and exterior walls before arching with whatever energy is left into an empty field. The second exception is my EDC in its holster stored in a similar manor when it is not on me.

5 Likes

My shockwave is in storage; unloaded. Four handguns, all loaded. Two in safe, 2 outside safe for EDC between hubby and I. All have 1 in the chamber​:blush:. Allegedly :thinking:

5 Likes

Since we lost Kill Shot this year (to the big “C”), we keep a minimum of 3 loaded, holstered or safely stored around the house.

6 Likes

Upstairs, downstairs and in My Ladies chamber, 7. Several rifles in the safe with loaded mags and empty chambers. :us:

3 Likes

None. I always clear them when doing maintenance, passing from one person to the next, or putting in storage.

3 Likes

ONE

I prefer quality over quantity.

7 Likes

All of them!

14 Likes

The ones I have in the bedrooms, living room and Kitchen may or may not be. Actually, I have a 2 year old grand baby that loves to come visit, he get into everything, having a loaded firearm anywhere in the house simply wouldn’t be responsible.

5 Likes

Loading and unloading firearms is a dangerous activity so I try to avoid it as much as I can. So several of my carry guns are loaded at all times so I can switch from one to another.

6 Likes

@George98 are in the same camp.

7 Likes

My EDC, which goes with me everywhere.

8 Likes

I agree 100% with THIS! Maybe it’s my prior Army training but I was always trained to load it and be ready to go. The only time it was unloaded was for storage, cleaning or back on base off duty. I literally got used to having it loaded at all times and practicing proper safety techniques loaded or unloaded. But everyone has their own training level and personal preference. Just like some like one in the chamber and some dont. As long as the good guy is armed, Im happy either way😊

8 Likes

I’m confused. You never once had to use a clearing barrel?

3 Likes

@Ouade5

That’s the leaving the range to go back to base part, I noted it; just never said clearing barrel.

5 Likes