How Many 10 Round Clips May I Carry by State

Ha Ha… Thanks! I will inquire in each state I plan to travel to just before I depart in case there have been new laws put in place…

I’m Not going to be an idiot like in stories of people meeting the FAA requirements to transport firearms on a plane and land in New York, just to be arrested and charged as felons because once they land the States Laws are in effect.

2 Likes

I only use ‘Clip’
I wonder if that’s because I am a Nam-era vet ?

1 Like

Because in 'nam, you used magazines??? :rofl:

2 Likes

Used clips to load the magazines…:grin:
We used em in the 80s

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

I hated using those things

3 Likes

I hated them to, still have scars where I shredded my fingers and thumbs until I learned to tape them from the Medic, he gave me the heavy bandage tape. :us:
I still have some with the adapters.

2 Likes

If I can’t neutralize a threat after 11 shots with my Glock and my backup 5 shot NAA .22 mag. I’m throwing the empty weapons at my target and finding an exit door.

2 Likes

I’m thinking crowd control…

1 Like

Capacity limits in Chicago have clearly reduced gun violence - Not!

(having moved from Chicago to gun-friendly Indiana)

3 Likes

I have 5 - 715T’s for my Rossi SR22

2 Likes

Count me in. I’ve gotten a bit better about referring to them as “mags” (which I think is a bit snazzier than “clips” to be honest) or “magazines” . But when I’m talking fast and/or excited about a new pew pew I’ll inadvertantyl start to say “clip” before correcting myself to “mag”.

All in all, I really don’t think it makes that much of a different in the grand scheme of things, every one knows what we’re talking about so there’s really no harm being done. Or at least none that I can see . . .

2 Likes

Mags vs clips?
Nobody really cares except annal retentive people like me. :rofl:

Just know that if you use the wrong term you’re going to get corrected.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it matters, but my father got out in '65 and was issued the Garand, although he mentions they trained him with the M14, too. He did not go overseas though.

1 Like

Quite interesting history there, of which I was unaware.

2 Likes

Precisely the nomenclature error I was about to bring up…glad someone beat me to it.

Clips, with the exception of stripper clips, go in girls’ hair, not into semi-auto pistols.
I dearly love to harass people on that one LoL. I’m now kind of sad you beat me to the correction :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Although I can’t speak to the credibility of the author, this article similarly discusses US armament used by the ARVN you might find interesting: the M1 Garand in Vietnam

2 Likes

Clips Sorry My BAD!
Thanks, Y’all for not roasting me!
I was in Air Traffic Control so I only had basic training with an M16 in 1972.
I’m now 67 and I just forgot it is Mags not clips…

5 Likes

I think some of us roasted you. But is just in good fun.

3 Likes