How long is this ammo shortage going to last?

I’m with you. Unless you are shooting .50 cal, that’s way too high. I’m looking at Dillon Precision’s catalog right now and they have 9mm in a $13.95 box for $59.99/1000

1 Like

9mm FMJ

2 Likes

I use alot of dillon products including the RL 550C reloading press

1 Like

Well here’s one that even worse, I’m in Los Angeles (proper) we weren’t allowed to get stuff shipped to your home for a pretty long time before all of this. (even for that one week we were allowed to buy and have shipped, LAX and a few other places still wouldn’t deliver…when in fact the ordinance did allow it, Found that out when one place told me and I quote “LAX needs to learn how to read, we are allowed to” Unfortunately by the time I found the place that would…it was pretty cleaned out…did manage to get a brick of 22 and some 300black out.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t sure when I ordered from LAX on THE GOLDEN DAY in April, if I would get anything. But they did ship it, and just like if we lived in a free state, a case of 40s showed up at my door about a week later! Felt like Xmas :grinning:

3 Likes

My only real issue with LAX is most of the time you can only order in bulk, I ain’t got the space for a couple of pickle buckets of ammo…and a lot of the brands they carry aren’t really what I like. Anywho “the Golden Day” comment cracked me up!!

4 Likes

Just received a shipment today it took almost 3 weeks

I am a Happy Camper - Like a kid who just got a gift -

Shooting range here I come

Going to Order another 1000 to keep the momentum going :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You ammo whoreder you! :rofl: Where do you get such silly advice?

6 Likes

We are starting to reload, all from scratch basics. Learn proper, and it is fun. Had to purchase a chrono. Over the last few months been scoring lots of supplies. Scored some really good stuff locally. Been getting projectiles from rmr. Now all I need is some extra time!

4 Likes

The advice came from a glock owner? Just to keep you smiling, I have been using the s and g word in the same sentence. We have several g s in the closet. Lol

4 Likes

I got a solicit email for ammo from GunBroker today. I don’t need any ammo but was wondering how they can advertise to buy ammo if there is none to be had.

My question was answered, they certainly are selling it but OMG, the prices are outrageous. It really does make one double think about going to the range. I’d still recommend a training class but if you don’t have a gi-normouse stockpile of ammo or reload, you better think twice about shooting at paper for hours.

3 Likes

I was at an Academy Sports yesterday and overheard the gun counter manager explaining the ammo shortage to another customer. He said the raw materials weren’t the problem anymore. Winchester’s biggest ammo factory is in Mexico and Remington’s is in Canada. There are import restrictions right now because of the 'Rona, so only about 8% is coming in compared to 6 months ago. He said the domestic factories just aren’t up to the demand. Academy has orders in with everyone they can but they are shipping on an “allotment system” which means they ship the quantity they want,not necessarily the quantity ordered, and Academy only gets about 24 hrs notice of shipments.

That’s what he said, anyway. Take it with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

I’d take that with a lot of salt, LOL!

3 Likes

I received this email from rmr bullets…toilet paper problem, etc…funny story…

Let’s start with a funny story. This world has gone crazy. For example, we actually had a “customer” drive out here from hours away to buy bullets during the lockdown. They asked to use our bathroom before they left. Not sure where they hid it all, but our last package of toilet paper somehow went out the door with them. Really? Hey guys, if you are having a hard time getting toilet paper and you can make the drive to come see us, just ask me for some and I’ll gladly give you some. No need to steal it! We nearly had a “code brown” emergency when employees found out the hard way that we were out of toilet paper.
Anyway, aside from toilet paper bandits, there is apparently a movement spreading across the country to destroy everything that is great about America. It is quite obvious on our end that there are plenty of people who don’t want to sit and take it. July was the busiest month we’ve ever had. We started July completely caught up with shipping and now we are 6-8 weeks backordered on almost everything we make. I’ve temporarily disabled the bulk discounts on our in-house products so that we wouldn’t get too buried. You can still order all you want for now, but we had to do something or we would end up 4 months behind by the end of August. Don’t worry, the bulk discounts will be back when we come out of this crazy toilet paper shortage, but who knows when that will be.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for turning me onto luckygunner.com I’ve been looking for days at my regular sites, sitting for hours today then read your post. I was able to order what I needed for an upcoming training event I scheduled before all this silliness. Again Thank you and thanks to luckygunner.com.

2 Likes

A few months before the latest drought, I purchased a Magtech Shootin’ Size (250 rd box) of .38 Spls on sale, figuring to cache it for use in future CCW classes----one less thing to worry about!
I felt so good about it I purchased another Shootin’ Size of .45 ACP when I decided to add a 1911 to my CCW.

It wasn’t a lot of money, but it fills a perceived need and the added security is nice. If the ammo requirements for the CCW class stay the same (can’t really count on that in CA however) I should have enough for the next ten years of CCW renewals

Primers??? what the heck? gunbroker…10 to 15 cents a primer???

Nothing is below 50c. Primer, brass casing all on sucked out of market!! I wonder what’s going on? For some reason, I am not buying the theory of high demand and China lockdown ■■■■…this seems something else!

@Smith welcome to the community! I found plenty of brass and powder for normal prices. Amazing the amount of .40 S&W is available.

Greatest site for ammo ever. You can deffinetly see who is price gouging.