How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Welcome to the family @Eduardo9 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

It will be a week this Monday. Biggest hindrance—lack of ammunition.

5 Likes

I will be a week this Monday. Looking at the reserves and am getting motivated to do some reloading.
Pretty close to a brick of large pistol primers about a pound of each powder I use, and plenty of lead.
I think I can ride this out! May pick up some HORNADY BULLETS 45 CALIBER .452 (45 Colt), 225GR FTX, 100 COUNT $43.15 at least they are available. I am skipping on my defensive ammo for practice.

5 Likes

Today…

The range was packed but bribed the owner with a 12 pack to get in !

Dusted the old Sig M11-A1 off.

(I’m the range owner and it’s in my back yard) :smiley:

9 Likes

Three days ago. I was able to put a few rounds down range during my RSO shift. 30 minutes that no one was there but me and my partner. Got a couple of rifles sighted in.

5 Likes

went monday. Had to see why my M&P was a no -show doing drills on the plates the previous outing, and the gun mystifies me. .45 acp…some shots dead on, repeat…then 5" off at 15 yards…close enough for gov’t work I suppose. Brought my Beretta M9, and it’s still love love love…gosh I love that gun. Finished up pistol with my G17 clone P80 with a Advantage Arms .22lr conversion…shot 54 rounds each gun, then went to rifle…brought my 2 AR “others”, 12.5 and 14.5" barrels, practiced low ready, then paper at 50 and 75, steel at 100 and 200, standing/kneeling…did better than expected, love the light weight of these two…50 rounds each, making sure my lifetime supply of ammo remains a lifetime supply of ammo.

5 Likes

I have enough property to safely shoot. Haven’t done any live fire due to lack of ammo. Bought extra 400 rounds last year for a USCCA DSF-1 class that was cancelled due to COVID. Just registered for one next month. I do dry fire training with a laser target.

6 Likes

at home I shoot pellet rifles More fun and beneficial than I initially thought they’d be, and yeah, laser for pistol, imo better than standing in a booth with no ability to do more than stand and pull a trigger.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Robert1100 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Went this past weekend. I took the Sig P250 .40 out for a spin. A good time was had by all. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I live in the country so I don’t actually need a range to shoot, that said we do have a few of us that use an outdoor range in the area to continue shooting together. I live in Louisiana and while they are not 'essential ’ the outdoor range has remained open. The only indoor range close to me was closed for a while but has reopened in the past 6 months or so. I shoot almost every week nut at the range it has been about 3 months.

4 Likes

Bless me Gunny for I have sinned …

It’s been a couple of weeks now. I cannot wait until Saturday to get out & punch some holes in paper

6 Likes

4 Hours: Today with AR; CMMG .22lr insert and some .223 to clear/clean the gas tube, the .32acp mouse, and a rental 1911. Range was relatively empty so spent 2hours after work rather than usual 1hr visit.

8 Likes

This morning. Sighted in my wife’s new Sig Romeo 5 red dot on her 10-22 at 30 yards. Mothers Day gift. She shot the center out of the target shooting offhand at 10-15 yards home defense drill. The 10-22 is what she can handle and shoot best.
I was mostly shooting the LCP2 22lr. I have a lot of 22lr I bought cheap so we have been shooting 22lr. I did put about 40 rounds of 223 downrange through my Mini 14 last Thursday.

6 Likes

Yesterday. 100 rounds of 9mm at 20 - 25 yards.

And it’s a good thing, because it looks like rain for the rest of the week.

8 Likes

went again Monday, marlin 60, savage mk2, ruger sr22, .22glock conversion. Had fun, pistol at 25 yds, funny as glock was low-left, ruger was high right…shot the rifles mainly offhand, 25-100, then bench at 100-200. Finished up with a quick 70 rounds at 25 with my glock 43 and P80 26 clone. Quite different, recoil wise from the rest of the session :rofl:

5 Likes

I am very lucky. I am a gunsmith. I have a range on my property for testing side arms. And one of the nicest outdoor ranges in NC only 7 tents of a mile form my house. That range has not closed at all during covid.

6 Likes

I’m in NC. Can we visit? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bummer! Found a USCCA DFS-1 class two weeks ago. Went on line to sign up this week and it is no longer there. Closest one now is 5 hours away. Signed up for one last year and that was cancelled because of COVID. Already passed the online portion. Oh well, wait some more.

4 Likes

I have about 1200-1500 as of Jan, 2021 and every Tuesday I go shoot 100-150 rounds. But instead of wasting ammo like I used to. I will focus on a few drills and I found some really good drills through a YouTube that I follow named TREX- Arms and use those drills. at the range.

5 Likes