How did you feel?

Since I’ve read ammo is more readily available in other States outside California I thought I’d post this here.
Not to promote paranoia or anything, I’m just curious especially since the DHS cautions the coming summer of love might get a wee bit violent due to domestic terrorists (but more likely, I’d hazard to guess, a breakdown of the rule of law, shortages, and inflated prices)
How did you feel the last time you bought ammunition (at a store, since that’s the way we roll now in Newsom’s CA) in California?
Were you anxious? Were you relieved they had in stock the caliber/loading you were looking for?
More to the point did you feel the weight of something Historic such as the DHS prediction bearing down on you?
I ask because I’m haunted by the last purchase I made—a box of 00 Buck, and two boxes of .38 Spl lswcs, some of the last left on the shelf at a local ACE—neither purchased for target practice but rather to have on hand in case things in my town go “to the worms”(I know this sounds like a piddling amount to you guys with tens of thousands of rounds stashed away for SHTF.)
I distinctly remember wondering if perhaps a Jew in Warsaw before WW2 hearing of Hitler’s diatribes might have felt the same, or a Spaniard watching his society crumble just before their Civil War broke out?
When I see assaults on the 1st and 2nd Amendments, and Federal laws being selective enforced (or not enforced) these days, it sends a chill of premonition up my spine. Could history repeat it’s self?
Anyone else have this feeling? Or should I seek counselling?

10 Likes

I suspect the vast majority of them thought that nothing that bad could ever really happen.

I rarely buy from the store. Options are way too limited and prices too high. I’m not ready for an apocalypse but did put away some extra many years ago when it became clear that things were going to go down hill fast at some point.

CA law supposedly allows for transfers of out of state ammo orders through an FFL. They designed the law so it wasn’t worth the FFLs time so I suspect none are willing to do it?? Can you have an FFL do a bulk order for you and pay an add on fee to make it a little more worth their while? Might still be cheaper for you.

8 Likes

I find preparation alleviates tension. At this point in my life, still physically able, mentally as mature as I’ll ever be, and prepared as I can possibly be…well, hakuna matata!!:laughing: It is what is is, and worrying won’t change a thing.

9 Likes

To be honest I took our biggest precaution a few years ago when we moved from a city situated between Milwaukee and Chicago which has seen a rise in crime and shootings every year since, to a more secluded area in the Northwoods. Is it crime free, hardly I was unpleasantly surprised at the extent of the drug problem. I don’t really worry about the possibilities of the upcoming months when out buying ammo. I do enjoy a good selection at reasonable prices in local stores, plus the ability to shop online.

9 Likes

I hear you Brother, Nancy and I are as prepared as we can be but I’m still on edge some days.
I find myself turning off the T.V. more often and going outside, we have a garden now so it’s relaxing to watch it grow.
I see the storm clouds too but I’m hoping it will pass.
All you can do is prepare. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

A little bit, I buy small amounts from time to time at a nondescript LGS. The folks there are pretty much in line with the way I see things. We want to be ready but we don’t want to be scary

or attract a lot of attention.

6 Likes

I’ve heard from several chinese in the US that what they see happening here reminds them of what their parents told them about what hppened during the cultural revolution.

The fact that I’ve heard it from several separate sources worries me more.

8 Likes

There was no sense of panic last time I was at a LGS couple months ago, business as usual atmosphere, ammo in stock.
Only difference was it’s my first time to buy ammo and undergo background checks using my passport because my driver license is not a “Real ID.”
I miss the days of ordering from MidwayUSA.

5 Likes

I say seek counseling. I don’t think it could hurt. What bothers me is when people say guns are for killing. I was thinking of seeking counseling for that. But I think I have over come it by thinking they think they are kids playing good guys and bad guys.

1 Like

A small amount of research will show how much Herr Brandon is emulating Hitler! This summer could be our Krystallnacht!
Can history repeat itself, absolutely! Don’t be fooled by the fact that it’s being done electronically! The key is, are we recognizing it?

7 Likes

I too live in the Peepuls democratic repugnant of Kallyfornicadia. I follow what is pending in Schitzomento and saw the bill to require ID cards and such for ammo purchase and have enough to fight my way out of the state. I have not purchased any manufactured ammo since that law went into effect. I have my manufactured ammo and any shooting I do is with hand made stuff. You can still handload without five different kinds of identification (none needed to vote, however) and a permission slip from your masters in Schitzomento. I heartedly recommend buying some reloading manuals and equipment. You don’t need the latest 6 stage semi-automatic reloader capable of reloading 1000 rounds an hour unless you are the armourer for you neighborhood mutual assistance group. A single stage press will when one becomes proficient, crank out close to 100 rounds per hour. A day of reloading for a day at the range is a good trade when I don’t have to obtain permission from our masters in Schitzomento.

7 Likes

Same with a Venezuelan I work with. He says they heard some of the exact same stuff from their government that we are hearing now a days.

5 Likes

Yes…

7 Likes

I stopped buying ammo years ago,I load all my ammo on an RCBS Progressive 2000 pressI have been stocking up on loading supplies for years

6 Likes

In my opinion, people should do whatever they can to be as comfortable as they can be. If that means stock-piling some ammunition, then I say buy as much as you can afford to purchase and safely store.

I also believe we are in for more “social unrest” soon, and what is on the horizon will make the BLM and George Floyd riots look like a block party. I think we will be looking at run-away inflation coupled with food shortages (so stocking up on dried and/or canned foods is also something you should consider). If you have a green thumb, start a garden and learn how to “can”.

No, I don’t consider myself a “prepper” and I try not to go down the “conspiracy theory” rabbit hole. But with the price of fuel at all-time highs, and an Administration that seems to put America Last instead of First, we should all keep our heads on a swivel and on straight at the same time.

10 Likes

Plus, as we’ve seen many times before, the most dedicated, serious, fanatical, committed activists get really really dedicated when the weather outside is a sunny 70 degrees with a light breeze and a bit less so when the snow falls and the temperature drop.

8 Likes

**Re: **The Jews before Hitler’s Holocaust that murdered over 6 million Jews. A carefully undisclosed historical fact, one corroborated by a Jewish woman some years back who’d survived Hitler’s camps and a group called "Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership; JPFO…her message and she was determined to get it to every American she could was this: NEVER let this “government” or any government (see regime) disarm you. JPFO has been around since the early 90’s. They’re low key but determined to fight for our firearms RIGHTS. Some of these folks lost family members in the Holocaust. **If you’ve never heard of the massacre at Waco Texas when Clinton was in office there is a book written by Carol Moore who went down to Waco and spent a great deal of time there interviewing the few survivors, neighbors and anyone associated with the Davidians. Her book “The Davidian Massacre” should be read by every gun owner. Carefully left out of the “media” was that the underlying reason for this murder of American citizens overseen by a sitting president was that these people had “thousands of guns and millions of rounds of ammo”. **
Hitler had the Jewish people “register” their firearms. The gestapo knew exactly where to round them up for extermination. In the 50’s firearms laws were pretty much unheard of. You could order a hunting rifle from Sear’s catalog. No background checks, fingerprints, mug shots etc. As of 1993 there were over 22,000 gun laws on the books. Now there are infinitely more.
The criminal justice system was been deliberately dumbed down after Clinton fired 93 U.S. attorneys and replaced them with lefties; and our gun restrictions on law abiding citizens are impossible to count. I spent over two hours on the ATF (NOT our friends!) web-sight and stopped looking after printing out about 50 pages of “gun laws”.
****I’ve written about this a few times on here but there are still so many who don’t look beyond “what laws I have to obey”. It’s not about “laws” We The law abiding people are programmed to obey the law…criminals who now “enjoy” the laughable system known as the “criminal justice system” just keep on being criminals because they know some leftist lib judge will “sentence” them to community service or mowing gramma’s lawn for a week. Indeed as law abiding citizens we are the threat to this present regime…we are the targets.And there is a reason. To quote George Bush Sr. on his acceptance speech when elected president:“We must usher in the New World Order.” I watched this speech. At the time I felt uneasy but didn’t really understand why…I do now. People our first President, George Washington said: “Firearms are the liberty’s teeth.” Think about that for awhile.

9 Likes

Something that came to mind after my “novel”. Something to ponder and pay careful attention to: Do you believe all these “mass shootings” are random? Mass shootings became an epidemic when Barrack Hussein Obama was in office…in fact police officers were gunned down almost like they were part of a shooting gallery during the “I will fundamentally change America” alleged “presidency”.
JPFO has a website and a genocide chart noting 9 nations similarly disarmed as the left is so desperate to do to We The People now…

10 Likes

This^^^^^^

4 Likes

Denise J, No, I don’t believe all these shootings are random. Some are no doubt “copycat” events, but consider the Whitmer “kidnapping” plot that was almost entirely FBI guys nudging some dimwit rednecks to participate. I think they target susceptible individuals and groom them. I still wonder how the evil kid in Uvalde managed to purchase his guns, armor, ammo, etc. And hey – anybody remember a mass shooting in Las Vegas?

7 Likes