Honor the fallen-America to boycott the NFL

The only support the NFL ever got from me was in the early '80s. I lived in Dallas and general admission tickets were $18.00. I always bought from scalpers and $5.00 was my upper limit … that was the most I ever paid to see the Cowgirls live

6 Likes

Call me what you want, I love the United states of America and I always will. I remember coming back to the USA after being deployed 14 months in the Med underwater and kissing the ground when I landed at JFK airport. I guess these overpaid prima donnas don’t know what it is to possibly come home under the flag instead of standing for it. I don’t watch the NFL or NBA or MLB for that matter. Don’t miss it- gives me more time at the gun range.

12 Likes

I haven’t watched an NFL game yet, and honestly don’t miss it. I am retired Army, 20 years, and it is very disturbing to see how little pride we have for our country and our beliefs. I’ve seen other countries, they don’t even come close to the freedoms we enjoy, this will always be home!

11 Likes

What an awesome video/letter. This Colonel is exactly right, the commissioner of football and any other sport who allows & hence approves this type of behavior is as disrespectful as the ones kneeling.

6 Likes

Navy…

6 Likes

Both my wife and I are Vietnam era veterans- the same sad behavior being exhibited by the NFL, MLB, NBA and MLS is just one step below how we were treated by the American people in the 60’s & 70’s (don’t let the history revisionists tell you any different). These millionaire athletes, who play CHILDREN’S GAMES , have no sense of duty for others. We have cancelled our subscriptions to MLB (we WERE Life long fans) and have turned off ALL Sports.

7 Likes

@Barrett1 and Wife. Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

3 Likes

FYI, believe it or not there are plenty of elite bubbleheads down here, looking up at a crazy new world, wish I’d stayed submerged?

5 Likes

I was on four boats and spent 9 1/2 years at sea on boomers, a diesel, and fast boats. After 9/11 I volunteered but they won’t take me. Told 'em I could still strap on an OBA and carry a CO2 and go from the torpedo room to the engine room no sweat. I would do it again. I was just a enlisted man. Thank you Scott for your service and remembering us bubbleheads

7 Likes

Welcome to the community,train hard and stay safe. Thank you both for your service. :smiley:

5 Likes

This is the greatest letter I have ever heard thank you to the marine that wrote it GOD BLESS YOU SND ALL VETERANS … Tim. Burns Army Veteran

7 Likes

Welcome Barrett1!!!

5 Likes

NFL = Not For Long

Why Some Folks Have Come to Despise the NFL

“Refresher” NFL

History…history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders. I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to better understand when and why the public???s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble…

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling before each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said “Know Jesus Know Peace” but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure "eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem).

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression. It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating

RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily, for being cops, or for the Memory of 9/11… BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now has shown itself to be.

17 Likes

I think, by definition that’s called a traitor!

5 Likes

Not only have I refused to watch the NFL this season, I have also refuse to watch the NBA, and MLB. I also called Direct TV and cancelled my sports channel package and my free NFL Game Day package. I hit them in the pocket book too. Football? What is that?

7 Likes

good to see ya back :smiley:

6 Likes

I have been done with the NFL for 4 years and baseball and basketball and if the Colleges start I’m finished there too

6 Likes

wow. very strong message about the cost of freedom nfl only looks at what corp America looks at that is money they will never get it

5 Likes

Amen my house we band football

6 Likes

@Tony32 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

4 Likes