Homeowner Fights Off Invaders Pretending to be Police

5 Likes

See this is way too dangerous… How are people to know if it’s the police or not? More and more of this kind of thing seems to be taking place.

4 Likes

@Todd30 weren’t you in Seattle today? :thinking::grinning:

6 Likes

Tuesday, I was in Seattle. :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

That’s why it’s illegal to impersonate a police officer. Of course, the law has never stopped the bad guys before.

6 Likes

Auburn Washington is not Seattle area. 27 miles SSE of Seattle
But on that note, it is 8 miles from where I live now!
I moved out of Auburn because of how bad it is.

6 Likes

This is why no knock warrants are so dangerous. Police shouldn’t be kicking in doors unless there is an imminent threat. It makes way more sense to go after the criminals when they are out in the open.

Knowing that I am not an imminent threat to anyone who is not trying to harm me or my family I would be assuming anyone kicking at my door was a criminal. If they were claiming to be LEOs I would likely retreat to our safe area and call 911 to confirm if it really was LEOs.

7 Likes

I just checked the address, and it is 2.4 miles from my house. Wife would have said, “Honey, Oden has brought you some gifts!”
Very unsettling though, what if I am not home and my wife is? She knows how to shoot well but still!

6 Likes
3 Likes

Our police department says nothing when they knock. They just knock.

1 Like

Tacoma no longer holding the sh1thole title of WA anymore?

Does Seattle police always dress like this when they are serving a no knock warrant? LOL, looks like Seattle spin on The Wolf and the Seven Kids.

The most critical defensive tool was the home camera, and the gun was the 2nd.

2 Likes

Given recent criminal tactics I would also be at least a little leery of someone dressed as an LEO knocking on my door. Could be worth calling 911 to confirm they are who they say they are before opening the door. Especially if anything feels a little fishy.

But I was referring to no knock entries where the LEOs act in the exact same manner as home invaders. That just puts the residents and the LEOs at much greater risk. More often than not for no good reason.

3 Likes

No way anyone would mistake those guys for police. They are simply hoodlums. Unfortunately, the real police probably won’t ever catch them.

Lesson: Move away from Seattle.

3 Likes

Oh, it still is! Tacoma, WA has a total crime rate of 80.77 per 1,000 residents ]. [The total number of crimes reported in 2021 was 17,705, with 2,629 violent crimes and 15,076 property crimes

1 Like

Invest in metal screen door.

1 Like

I literally have practiced for a situation where my wife and I are on the couch and someone bashes in the front door (it would take a lot, because my door swings out), and in my practice the first one in would have about 4 rounds in him before he even turned to see into the rest of the house (my door enters sideways into a small vestibule). I am armed 100% of the time I’m awake, even sitting watching a movie with my family.

I guess I need to hope and pray that no police ever get the wrong address and try a no-knock bash entry at my house.

No knock is a terrible, dangerous practice that needs to be outlawed. I can’t remember her name, but I remember the news of a beautiful young lady shot to death in her bed because of a no knock at the wrong address.

8 Likes

Same here.
In addition, my jealous labrabull alerts me of trouble approaching the front door.

1 Like

Then you have a good friend there. My last dog was small but a fierce home protector. She died at 19 years old and I never got another dog.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Joseph488

2 Likes